x

Cannot Use Online Checkout Link Feature via Online Dashboard with Team Permissions

I work in a public library, and I've been trying to set up Square so that my staff can use the online dashboard to create online checkout links for patrons who need to pay for remote printing/copying/etc. while we're closed to the public for COVID-related reasons. Unfortunately, when I log into the online dashboard via the team account, I can't access the Online Checkout function. When I click on the Online Checkout option from the left hand menu, it just takes me to Accounts & Settings --> Subscription Pricing. When I'm logged in as the account owner, I can create an online checkout link from the online dashboard no problem. Also, when I'm logged into the app with the team member account on our department's shared device, I can create an online checkout link. But I'm not able to do it using the web version of the dashboard. It doesn't seem like a permissions issue, because the same account can create an online checkout link via the Square app on our iPad. Suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @khorner,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble creating checkout links!

If you're logging into Square under a team member account, it sounds as though the account owner will need to enable these permissions for you - they're not on by default for team members. This can be changed by the owner via the Team > Permissions on your Online dashboard.

The "Items" permission set will need to be enabled:

Then choose where you can access item creating/editing from:

Once these permissions are enabled for your assigned permission set as a team member, then you should be able to create checkout links. Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I added item permissions, and it gave the team member's account access to the item library, but it still isn't letting me create checkout links from the team member's account.

Two things I noticed: 

- When I click on "Online Checkout" from the owner account, it takes me right to the online checkout link options. When I click on "Online Checkout" from the team member account, it takes me to the item library. I'm not sure why that's different.

- When I'm in the item library as a team member, I tried clicking on the link icon next to the different items to create an online checkout link, but nothing happened. 

Suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @khorner,

I'm a little stumped here to be honest! I ran a test on my own account as was able to achieve the outcome of having a team member set up a checkout link with the above steps.

I recommend getting in touch with our support team via http://squ.re/contact  for further assistance here - they will be able to take a look into exactly how things are set up on the account and what needs to be changed on the account to get team members the ability to create checkout links.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I think this one will require a further look into the account!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4