x

How do I reset my passcode?

I uninstalled my android register and reinstalled as prompted once I made changes via dashboard. Now I am locked out of my android register and blocked by a 4 digit numerical pass code. Help!

Message 1 of 36
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

[This post has been updated by AshleyK to match feature updates]

You can reset your passcode at anytime! Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). Next to Permissions, select Edit and then Generate next to your Point of Sale passcode. 

You can also choose to type in your own passcode if you would prefer a custom one.

From there you will be good to go! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

I cannot get into any of the tabs without my passcode and there's no button to reset it without the passcode

Message 22 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Hello @DMK,

Welcome to The Seller Community. I am happy to help. 

To clarify, the four-digit passcode is popping up on your Square device every time you try and go into a different tab. Are you the owner of the account? If so you can disable the passcode setting altogether from the device? 

More> Settings> Secruity> Passcodes> Toggle off Passcodes. 

Message 23 of 36

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "My passcode is no longer recognized in point of sale." The author has been notified via email.

My passcode is no longer recognized in point of sale when trying to access info ,this all of the sudden happened it was working fine and had always accepted it in the past, please HELP ME,,,,

Message 24 of 36

Can I give a none pay Team Member passcode for Time Tracking?

I created a Team Member and their wage is none. How can I give them a passcode to time tracking without being on Payroll?

Message 25 of 36
Alumni

Absolutely @anhmazingfood !

You don't need to add a wage or subscribe to Square Payroll to track an employees time. I've merged your post to this thread to point out Kelly's best answer, as it explains how to assign your employee a pass-code. 

I hope this helps! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 36

@JustinC  Unfortunately, that answer does not work. That was the first thing I tried to do. I don't know if it is because I am have payroll so the passcode has been moved to the payroll tab but I can not give someone a passcode to someone unless they are on payroll.

Message 27 of 36
Alumni

Ah- sorry my response didn't help 😖. You might want to mention this to our Support Team so they can help you out further. Feel free to loop back here to tell me how it goes!  

Justin
Message 28 of 36

How can I find out what my pass code is?

I have no idea what my pass code is so I can't access my account settings. 

Message 29 of 36

Hey! Welcome to the Seller Community!! I moved your thread to an existing one that will help answer your question. The instructions to reset your pass code and find your original pass code are the same, so regardless, you can solve your issue on our Square Dashboard. 

Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). You can choose to view your pass code, or get a new one. If you want a new once, select the Generate button next to your Point of Sale pass code. 

AshleyK
Message 30 of 36

I followed these steps but there isn't a GENERATE button.  In fact there's nothing about a passcode when I click on the 

Question:  Has Square now made it where I have to subscribe? 

I cannot get logged into my iPad to run transactions!!!!!

Message 31 of 36

Hey! Thanks for asking. If you want to track employee sales, you will need to subscribe, but if you only want to have team permissions, then you do not need to subscribe/pay for the service. 

You will need to edit your team member's permissions and passcodes on the Square Dashboard under Team. Select the team member you are editing, then scroll down to see "Permissions" and select "Edit." Make sure they have the Shared Point of Sale permission set added otherwise you will not be prompted to add a passcode.

On the edit screen, you will see "credentials" where you can enter a passcode, or generate one. I just threw in the 2222 as a passcode on my Demo account so you can see what it would look like if a manual passcode as entered. 

This should help get you all set up, but please let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Message 32 of 36

passcode  

Message 33 of 36

Hi there, @deborahalexandr 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

Is there anything specific we can assist you with? 

Joe
Message 34 of 36

I want to renew my square passcode

Message 35 of 36

Hi @Alluneedonline - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

You can reset your passcode at anytime! Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). Next to Permissions, select Edit and then Generate next to your Point of Sale passcode. 

You can also choose to type in your own passcode if you would prefer a custom one.

Let me know how this goes. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 36 of 36