x

How do I set up a Code?

How do I set up a Code?

Message 1 of 3
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I set up a Code?

Hi @lindarry

Your iPhone XR is compatible with our Contactless and Chip Reader. Please take a look at these troubleshooting steps to get your reader paired with your phone so you can start taking payments. 

Here is a list of compatible barcode scanners with Square. There currently isn't a barcode scanner that is compatible with Square and the iPhone XR. Hopefully this is something we will be able to make available in the future. Take a look at that compatibility list to see if there are any other devices you would want to download the Square app onto to use the barcode scanner with. 

Additionally, here's info on setting up passcodes for the Square app:

1. From the navigation menu, visit Settings > Passcodes.
  2. Turn Passcodes on.
  3. Turn Allow Team Passcode on.
  4. If you haven’t already set team permissions from your online Square Dashboard, tap Edit > create a Team Passcode.
  5. Select the permissions you’d like all team members to have. If a team member tries to access an area or function you haven’t selected, they’ll need a passcode from a team member with the correct permissions enabled to proceed.
  6. Save.

Please reply to this message if your iPhone XR and Contactless and Chip Reader continue to not pair. I want to make sure we get this figured out. 

2 REPLIES 2

My I Phone XR doesn't connect with the Card reader or scanner.   Is this a common problem?   I am currently unable to accept cards...

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @lindarry

Your iPhone XR is compatible with our Contactless and Chip Reader. Please take a look at these troubleshooting steps to get your reader paired with your phone so you can start taking payments. 

Here is a list of compatible barcode scanners with Square. There currently isn't a barcode scanner that is compatible with Square and the iPhone XR. Hopefully this is something we will be able to make available in the future. Take a look at that compatibility list to see if there are any other devices you would want to download the Square app onto to use the barcode scanner with. 

Additionally, here's info on setting up passcodes for the Square app:

1. From the navigation menu, visit Settings > Passcodes.
  2. Turn Passcodes on.
  3. Turn Allow Team Passcode on.
  4. If you haven’t already set team permissions from your online Square Dashboard, tap Edit > create a Team Passcode.
  5. Select the permissions you’d like all team members to have. If a team member tries to access an area or function you haven’t selected, they’ll need a passcode from a team member with the correct permissions enabled to proceed.
  6. Save.

Please reply to this message if your iPhone XR and Contactless and Chip Reader continue to not pair. I want to make sure we get this figured out. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 3