x

How do I stop dashboard pop ups about square products and news?

How do I stop the pop up messages from Square about new products and changes to dashboard?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Not sure what you are referring to.  The only notification I see is about the upcoming maintenance issue that will affect everyone in a few days so I would say is a good notification to see.

Message 2 of 3

Did you ever figure this out?

It's an issue for me as well; especially when crunched for time and trying to work on item/sale details etc. on the Dashboard between customers. I figure you and I can't be the only people since your question has ~150 views.

Here's some details about my experience. If you're talking about something different, let me know please & I'll start a new thread 🙂

These are three of the pop-ups that always show when logging into the Dashboard & navigating to the item library:

• "The next time you pay your team, do it with Square Payroll"! "Get Started"!

• "SQUARE POINT OF SALE" "Secure funds in advance, provide faster service, and protect your business with pre-authorization on Open Tickets." "Learn More"

• 'You're eligible to create a free online website!' Click here to learn more!"

(third one isn't an exact quote, but something like that)

The main reasons why this is a problem: A) they're a significant hindrance as far as loading/processing time; B) they hog the interface; & C) I sometimes can't navigate elsewhere til they're done loading. Either that or once I click a link to navigate elsewhere I end up somewhere else entirely because one or more of the pop-ups finished loading & moved the link that I was trying to click up/down/left/right.

Example of one that comes up when going to this page-

• "Your opinion in 1 minute.

Help us improve by answering 4 quick questions.

Take Survey Now"

The only option is to close these up-selling ads is by exiting one by one. I don't see anything in the settings or account preferences to change it

Message 3 of 3