x

How to Change FROM Name on Customer Emails

When I send an email/message to my customers (customers -> send message) the email has my company/business name instead of the store name.  For example, it has:

FROM: "XYZ Incorporated" via Square, instead of the "ABC Shoe Store".

Everywhere else in the system (receipts, etc) I can see ABC Shoe Store.

How do I change this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@lennys26, thanks for bearing with us as our Advanced Support team delved deeper into your case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

They've confirmed that the current functionality is intended, and unfortunately, there isn't a way to change it at this time.

I suggest submitting this as a feature request in our Ideate room.

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Hey @lennys26,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please provide a screenshot so I can better understand what you are seeing?

Message 2 of 17

Hi @RobynR 

I do not have permissions to upload images, however I will try to explain it in more detail.

My registered company name (business name, in Square terms) is: Len INC.

My store is called Brooklyn Deli and Market.

The problem is that the emails that are sent to customers comer from "Business name" instead of the "Store name". Obviously the business name is the legal company name which has multiple stores under it, so this is not the name that should appear.

• My business name (Account & Settings -> Business Information -> About my business) has the name "Len INC."
  • My store name (Account & Settings -> Business Information -> Locations) has the name "Brooklyn Deli and Market"
  • My email preferences (Online -> Communications -> Email & Text Alerts) has the name and details, of "Brooklyn Deli and Market".
  • My store information (Online -> Settings -> General) has the company name of "Brooklyn Deli and Market".

Everything appears to be configured correctly, however the emails to customers show the FROM name of Len Inc. instead of Brooklyn Deli and Market.

For what it is worth, receipts and anywhere else that I have noticed, do correctly show Brooklyn Deli and Market.

I am happy to add you as a customer and then drop you a message if it will help in understanding. DM me your email address if you want.

Message 3 of 17

Hi there @lennys26 - Thanks for providing those details. One clarifying question for you, what kind of emails are you seeing the incorrect business name on? Are these confirmation emails for Online Orders, or perhaps Square Marketing emails?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 17

@_Violet i have seen this on the emails that I send to customers when I select their name in my customer list, then select send message. 

In the Square Retail phone app it under “More->Customers->Send Message”. On the Register, it is somewhere similar. 

I have not tested/noticed if this also happens in the online order messages as well. 

Message 5 of 17

Thank you for clarifying, @lennys26.

I want to ensure we provide you with the most accurate information. I've escalated this to our Advanced Support team.

Once we have more information, a community moderator will reply.

Message 6 of 17

Just as another data point, I have today sold an e-gift card and it also was sent to the receiver using the FROM name of the business name (Len Inc, in our example). This is obviously not correct and confusing for the customers.

Message 7 of 17
Square Champion

I don't have an answer, but I just wanted to chime in that is one of the best replies with details and notes a user has ever posted.

Best of luck getting this sorted out.

Message 8 of 17

...And another data point....

Receipts sent from the "transactions" section of the register [correctly] use the store name. (ABC Shoe Store, in my example)

Message 9 of 17

@RobynR  - I really could use a fix for this. It is clearly incorrect and affecting my business.

Message 10 of 17

@lennys26 We're currently awaiting further details from our Advanced Support team.

If you prefer immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support at 855-809-9000 between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Pacific Time (9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time), Monday through Friday.

Rest assured, we'll provide an update here as soon as we have more information. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Message 11 of 17

...Still waiting...

Message 12 of 17

@RobynR - currently due to this issue I am unable to send messages to customers or send eGift cards. Is anyone really looking into my issue?

Square Support is really bad which is why I posted the issue here in the forums. If the issue is now with Support (or Advanced Support, as you said), I might as well forget about ever getting it resolved and instead just add it to the list of functions in Square that dont actually work as expected. 

Message 13 of 17

Well, no assistance here. And I did contact Support by email and they also did not respond. Thanks Square!

Message 14 of 17

Best Answer

@lennys26, thanks for bearing with us as our Advanced Support team delved deeper into your case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

They've confirmed that the current functionality is intended, and unfortunately, there isn't a way to change it at this time.

I suggest submitting this as a feature request in our Ideate room.

Message 15 of 17

Thanks @RobynR. i will raise this as a FR, as suggested, however I struggle to understand why/how specifically e-gift cards and messaging work differently than other emails/messages from the system, such as receipts.

As it is currently designed, it would guaranty not to be correct for a large percentage (a majority, I suspect) of users. 

Anyhow, Thanks. 

Message 16 of 17

@lennys26, currently, we don't have the answer to the why/how of your question. 

Message 17 of 17