x

How to cancel invoice reminders?

How do I cancel an invoice reminder.  I do not want clients to keep receiving reminders. 

thanks

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Cahells!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at these instructions to turn reminders on or off:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard and select the Invoice you’d like to edit.

2. Once editing the Invoice, scroll to the bottom under More Options and select Edit Reminders. 

I hope this resolves your issue, please let me know if you have any additional questions by replying in this thread. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

I created a sample recurring invoice for a membership in Square invoices to see if it worked.  It did work, notice was sent out for payment etc.  I then cancelled the recurring invoice entirely (not just the upcoming month, but the entire thing) and yet Square keeps sending notices and tries to collect from my ficticious buyer who is also unsubscribed from marketing. 

I wanted to use this for memberships, but I am not going to do this to clients if the system does not recognize when a subscription has been cancelled. Anyone else able to use this successfully without this issue when a recurring invoice /subscription is cancelled? 

Message 43 of 47
Super Seller

Unfortunately I can't help too much with recurring invoices. For that I would say, since you've already tried what you tried -- which made perfect sense -- are you able to disable invoices and then resubscribe to see if that erases your invoice history? I have no idea. 🫣

I more so wanted to leave a comment to see if you knew about Subscriptions. It's a way to offer a membership to clients. I see you're a med spa. What did you want the memberships to entail? 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 44 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Eclatmedspa - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your recurring Invoices has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @isabelle, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 45 of 47

hello,

I hate to belabor this topic but, I cannot find where invoice reminders can be turned off for ALL invoices. I have custormers who are complaining about the frequency and the language of the reminders.

roolltide

Message 46 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @roolltide 

To cancel any remaining reminders from your invoices, you will need to Edit said invoice scroll down to the Reminders section, and then edit and remove the reminders there.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 47