x

How to lookup a legit business from square up

I believe ive been scammed. 

Screenshot_20220616-184624.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @Rivdawn thanks for your post. So are you saying you made a purchase from a business and now think it is a scam? Did you pay and not receive the item (it looks like you just purchased it yesterday?) As with any business (whether or not they use Square to process their credit card payments), there are a few things you should do prior to doing business with a new company...

• Do they have what looks like a legitimate website?
  • Do they also have a physical location anywhere?
  • Can you Google the business name/location and read any reviews from prior customers?
  • Check their Facebook/Instagram/ social media channels for business activity and also reviews

I do not think there is a way for Square to check on a particular business. Square does some vetting of accounts when they first open, and if there are suspected fraudulent transactions, they may be flagged and investigated. Also most important to note, if you paid with your major credit card, PLEASE PLEASE contact the issuing bank. For example, if you used a Visa credit card from Chase bank, or whatever bank issued your card, call the customer service number on the back of the credit card, and tell them you think you may have been scammed. This really is the first thing you should do, and one of the benefits of making transactions with a major credit card are protections such as this.

I hope you have luck resolving this transaction. Please keep us posted if you learn any more about this company and/or transaction.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

HI @Rivdawn,

Sorry to hear about this! Yes exactly as @HC_Charlie advised, thanks again for the detailed response!

Once you reach out to your bank and file a dispute Square can work with you to resolve the matter. 

But if you do have more questions please give us a call a 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport .

So sorry again about any inconvenience! 

Message 3 of 3