x

I dropped my contactless chip reader and now it won't connect to my iPad or my iPhone

My contactless chip reader worked fine last week.  Just as I was wrapping a show up, it clattered to the cement floor.  I have never dropped it before.  I didn't try to use it again until a few days later. Now it won't connect anymore to my iPad.  Reader shows 'unavailable' in my settings area. I have updated the app, powered down the iPad.  I get the four orange lights but it times out & goes red.   Added app to my new iPhone 6 & the same results.  Did the chip reader break when it got dropped??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Sounds like it.  Did you do a reset of the reader by holding the power button for about 20-30 seconds?

Message 2 of 4

I thought I reset last night. I did it again & it connected to my iPhone.  Then switched it to my iPad via connect a reader & this time i got a prompt to pair it. it ‘took’. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve struggled with this trying to get it to ‘pair’ again. I’ve  had it for @2 years. No issues.   Thanks for the suggestion to reset (again) and try it. 

Message 3 of 4

I had a similar problem. In the app under settings, readers I told it to forget the reader. Then held the reader button done for about 30 seconds then tried to re- pair now they’re “talking” to each other again. 

Message 4 of 4