x

I was unable to be verified for credit card processing. What can I do?

Hi, my company and I are new to US - came laste year. I have everything - LLC, EIN number, Bankaccount, SSN, permanet address etc - but can't register. System suggest me to try with previsus address/names - but for obivius reasons I dont have that. Please help

Message 1 of 80
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @zignavisual and @Hope.

The questions you see while activating are populated by an identity verification system. I don't have access to the questions and I don't have a workaround for you. We're required by our banking partners to verify our customers' identity.  If we're unable to verify your identity via this method, there's nothing more I can do.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @SarahCantuba! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread about sign-up troubles.

There's really not more we can do to assist with this process but you can try these tips to see if they help you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Im having a similar issue, its stating that my EIN does not match the info the IRS has on file. Which makes no sense. Yes Ive checked the number and name plenty of times. Im going straigh off the letter from the IRS!

Message 2 of 80
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @zignavisual and @Hope.

The questions you see while activating are populated by an identity verification system. I don't have access to the questions and I don't have a workaround for you. We're required by our banking partners to verify our customers' identity.  If we're unable to verify your identity via this method, there's nothing more I can do.

Message 3 of 80

Hey i changed the phone number and tried again and it worked! So try changing your phone number and then u can edit it after you are approved

Message 4 of 80

So in other words, all the work that was done to set up a shop means nothing because once you're denied that's just the end of it? No possible option to retry or correct errors? Square doesn't seem very user friendly if that's the case

Message 5 of 80

I am trying to set up a Square account to be able to charge my customers. However, my identity is not being verified. I entered my most recent address, as well as my previous address, multiple phone numbers, etc. and it still will not let me go through. I researched a little bit online, and somebody said I have to have credit to sign up with Square. Is

this true? What can I do to be verified? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 80
Alumni

Hi @alexasilva - I'm sorry to see that you had trouble signing up for Square. 

Unfortunately, there is not an alternative way to verify you for credit card processing. @George's post give some more detail on why the identity verification step is required. 

I wish you luck with your business and sorry again for the trouble. 

Message 7 of 80

My account won’t accept credit card payments but all my information is correct what can I do to be accepted 

Message 8 of 80

Best Answer

Hi @SarahCantuba! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread about sign-up troubles.

There's really not more we can do to assist with this process but you can try these tips to see if they help you!

Ashley C
Message 9 of 80

Why is this marked "SOLVED". Nothing was solved. You just told your customer to stop bothering you. 

Message 10 of 80

See I go to verify my idenity to be able to receive payments but when I do that it tells me unable to verify your idenity and I dont even have an option to try again 

Message 11 of 80

We are having the same issue! Won't verify identity. 

Message 12 of 80

Hi @Emmahthedoula - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community to identify what is the exact reason if any that you are unable to have your identity verified by our sistem. For further assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 13 of 80

How tf are we supposed to get online businesses if we can’t even get reverifyied you have ruined our brand if we can’t even deactivate our account after this happens 

Message 14 of 80

I have the same issue and I have tried different emails and making different accounts and I can’t get verified either 

Message 15 of 80

I can’t get their site to confirm my identity because it says can’t connect to server. And now I can’t get my store to except credit cards because their servers have an issue. Can anyone help me please

Tammera
Message 16 of 80
Alumni

Hi @Crankcarvers - Sounds like an internet issue. Are you trying to sign up on a mobile device through the app? If so, try switch to a computer if you can using Google Chrome for the browser.

If connected to WiFi, try resetting your router.  

Justin
Message 17 of 80

Hi Justin. Thanks for reaching  out. I tried all of the suggestions. and no luck.  I reached out to the IT department and they are trying to help too. 

Tammera
Message 18 of 80
Admin

Hey @Crankcarvers-

Thanks for reaching back out. Really sorry to hear about all this. 

Was our Support Team able to find a resolution? If so, please feel free to share the solution or result back in this thread as it may be useful to other sellers. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 19 of 80

No And I have been trying to get a hold of someone and support and no one has gotten back with me and I’ve been unable to sell my products online

Tammera
Message 20 of 80
Admin

Hey @Crankcarvers-

I moved your post to an existing thread about sign-up troubles to prevent duplicates.

There's really not more we can do to assist with this process but you can try these tips to see if they help you!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 21 of 80