x
Beta Member

Importing/Exporting Customer Info

I created a new customer field called price.  I set the field type to number.  I tried to import information into this field in the same row as an existing corresponding Customer first name, last name, and customer id.  The information would not import.  I deleted the field and added another field called price and set the feld type to text.  I imported information and this time it did import the infomation but after there was information in the field I could not change it to number.  Is there any other way to import number type information into customer fields.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Clucas,

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up. Sorry for the confusion—when importing details into your online Square Dashboard, your CSV file has to match the formatting of the provided template. 

It looks like some sellers raised a similar issue in this thread: Importing/Exporting Customer Info. Have a look there for some additional troubleshooting steps. If that doesn't help or if I'm missing the mark, can you reply here with a bit more information on the error you're receiving or more details on where you'd like the number type to display?

In addition, you can get in touch with a member of our Customer Success team if you'd like someone to take a deeper dive into your account. Either way, well make sure this gets sorted out.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2