x

Importing Items into Square - Enabled Column??

Hello, all

I've just set up a new location and wanted to upload my items into it. I downloaded my existing items, edited the spreadsheet as a CSV, and went to re-upload them. The file uploads just fine, and Square asks me to map the columns. Because I used the template, nothing really needs re-mapped, it all looks great.

BUT - there is no option to map the "Enabled [Location Name]" column. If I try to proceed anyway, it says that I need to make sure that my spreadsheet has a column filled with "yes" or "no" for every locaiton. The spreadsheet does contain that info, and if I try to re-map another column, I can see the "Enabled Website" column (for example) as an option. The Square upload tool, however, doesn't give me a space to map that field.

Any ideas?

Thanks so very much!

Mika

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@Space-Jewelry

If you've created a new location in your Dashboard you are able to make a mirror image duplication of your items from the another location on your Dashboard. This will help with import issues, as you don't have to import at all.

You can do this from Account and Settings > Business > LocationMatch Item Library from Another Location.

If that doesn't help we can definitely look further into the importing issue.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 5

I have an extensive menu of food items I sell and I have added a new location. I’m having to go one by one to add it to my other location. Is there a faster way?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @EandE!

I moved your post to this thread so you can take a look at @ kellyj's answer above. This should help!

Write back if anything else comes up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @MeByDesign.

I moved your post to this thread where @kellyj explains how you can add items to an additional location. 

Hope this works!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 5