x

Improving Website Loading Times

Right now, the loading times are quite bad for several reasons. Check it out:

globalvillage_0-1714422415641.png

I thought slow loading times would be improved when moving from the Weebly website builder to Square, but it has worsened! Mobile Speed is an abysmal 06/100. This is unacceptable, especially since I can no longer directly access CSS, etc. All of the solutions suggested by my SEO folks require back end access we don't have. The bounce rate has risen by 9% since the shift from Weebly. I am using a Square template.

What can be done about this?? I don't want to go through the hassle of changing platforms, but we will have to if this can't be improved.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

HI @global-village 

You would not be the first person to complain about the speeds of a Square site.  Hopefully that will be improved in the near future for users. 

Have you created a free account using cloudflare yet by chance?  This should take no more than half hour to set up initially, and then they do give you an actually decent amount of tools that are free to use that can greatly increase site speeds.

I've been using cloudflare with my site for the better part of 5 years now and wouldn't run another site without it.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3

Yeah, I figured as much. 😕

Thanks for the Cloud Flare rec, I will check it out!

Message 3 of 3