x
Beta Member

Connect to Square App & Quickbooks Online

Dozens of support calls & chats to both Square & Intuit support.

No one willing to support the Connect to Square app in Quickbooks Online, which has failed to function as specified from the very beginning.

Incapable of bringing in a "daily summary" transaction and instead brings in individual transactions no matter what, occasionally pooling a certain number of transactions (say, 14 out of 70). The app connection in QBO generates no less than 100 transactions per day, on a day with, say, 70 transactions.

Punt, punt, punt, punt. "This is the other company's problem." This problem is "out of my scope." No options for escalation. Just brick walls.

Now I'm attempting other avenue's, including message threads, contacting members of the Intuit development team featured on their blog page, and whatever else I can think of.

Seems both parties want to push users to pay for third party sync'ing apps like Amaka, Synder, & CommerceSync, none of which perform the task well enough. And Amaka! Well, Amaka is going to provide "24/7" support. That is, you can send a support message 24/7, and wait 24 hours to receive a response, OR you can schedule a one on one support session 7 days in the future! That, or you can pay $400/year to become part of the priority circle. You can't make this stuff up.

Tried the Connect to Square app a year ago only to have to pay for RightTool Pro to be able to batch delete the thousands of transactions it generated.

Unfathomably bad work guys.

Connect the #1 Point of Sale app with the #1 Bookkeeping platform/App? Nah. Can't be important.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@GACoffee ;

Since you only want todo a Summary of all your transactions grouped as One daily transaction, why not do 1 Manual Transaction sale in QBOnline?  

You just need to keep Cash and CC sales sepparate so that the CC deposits can go to a Holding account ( she calls it a Square Holding Account)   uses Square 1 Bank as the Delay in which I made the Credit card Sales and Square deposited the money.  The Cash would go into an undeposited account that QuickBooks makes.  It would require 2 manual transactions a day.  You can export your daily Transactions and use Power Query in excel to group all the cash and credit card sales together for you and have the customer as Square.  The at the end of the year you can see all your Square Income, in a report as a customer.  I basically did this with the Desktop version of QuickBooks until last year when I learned a QBO file I downloaded from my bank would be counted as an Online connection.  So I stopped using Quickbooks.  I recommend using Transaction Pro, they have a Desktop and an Online version to connect to QBDesktop and QBOnline.  For a year it is about $300 annually or $25 a month for an unlimited amount of transactions to import, Delete or export.  If you want to be limited to imports only this can be done for $99 annually or about $8.25 a month when paid for a year.  

The thing I liked about it is, I could use the same program for ALL my sales channels that had their data in a CSV file.  So I could use my Online store, Etsy, Amazon, Square etc all through the one program.  I did this with downloading the CSV files and then using Power Query in excel to format the csv to match what TPI wanted.  Which sounds like what you need to do according to the video submitted here by @Minion.  I am going through the same procedure with my current accounting and inventory software and using Power Query to set things up for export in a lesser amount of time for repeat csv files.  

Anyway I am not sure what your paying for the Square to QBO integration but here are links for TPI if your interested.

Transaction Pro - rightworks-transaction-pro/quickbooks-online/ 

This imports MORE than just your Square sales data, Purchase orders, Invoices, Bank Statements, Lists and more

Video from Hector Garcia CPA out of Florida about TPI and QBO - TPI to QBO   

Since this is a 3rd party that Square nor QuickBooks is responsible for you can get help from them.  I did when I first setup my connection within 24 hrs via email.  

Good luck with all of this and this is one aspect everyone keeps under raps to keep their software secure, how Square exports data and how QuickBooks imports data.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Give your numberous amount of attempts with both companies customer service, i'm going to assume that you also check out this girls videos ?  Or maybe even try to contact her for some advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q43vX2NK1E8

I had to watch a bunch of her videos in order to get it working properly and its still a PITA to deal with like you said.  I only bring in single transactions and maybe 5-6 a day so I don't use the daily summary but I feel like at one point in time while watching one of her videos she did mention the bets way on how to do that.  I could be wrong but she might be worth getting in contact with since both other parties keep brushing off the issue.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply! I hadn’t heard about her till your reply, but it’s a pretty decent video. Nice to see the integration in action on someone else’s data. Only problem is it doesn’t function like that for me for whatever reason 100 transactions when I only have 69 transactions for the day is certainly not a summary, it looks like it’s creating summary transactions for her, but that may be because she only has one payment type. I’ve seen from comments on that video that having multiple payment types like gift cards, cash, etc. can cause glitches for the integration. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

hmm, yeah sorry I couldn't be more help with that.  She does have a really good knowledge of the integration though based on the amount of videos shes has posted and I have seen.   It could be worth an email over to her to see if she can figure it out maybe as the help from Square App and QB hasn't been the best.  

If I do come across something, I'll be sure to post here for you.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

@GACoffee ;

Since you only want todo a Summary of all your transactions grouped as One daily transaction, why not do 1 Manual Transaction sale in QBOnline?  

You just need to keep Cash and CC sales sepparate so that the CC deposits can go to a Holding account ( she calls it a Square Holding Account)   uses Square 1 Bank as the Delay in which I made the Credit card Sales and Square deposited the money.  The Cash would go into an undeposited account that QuickBooks makes.  It would require 2 manual transactions a day.  You can export your daily Transactions and use Power Query in excel to group all the cash and credit card sales together for you and have the customer as Square.  The at the end of the year you can see all your Square Income, in a report as a customer.  I basically did this with the Desktop version of QuickBooks until last year when I learned a QBO file I downloaded from my bank would be counted as an Online connection.  So I stopped using Quickbooks.  I recommend using Transaction Pro, they have a Desktop and an Online version to connect to QBDesktop and QBOnline.  For a year it is about $300 annually or $25 a month for an unlimited amount of transactions to import, Delete or export.  If you want to be limited to imports only this can be done for $99 annually or about $8.25 a month when paid for a year.  

The thing I liked about it is, I could use the same program for ALL my sales channels that had their data in a CSV file.  So I could use my Online store, Etsy, Amazon, Square etc all through the one program.  I did this with downloading the CSV files and then using Power Query in excel to format the csv to match what TPI wanted.  Which sounds like what you need to do according to the video submitted here by @Minion.  I am going through the same procedure with my current accounting and inventory software and using Power Query to set things up for export in a lesser amount of time for repeat csv files.  

Anyway I am not sure what your paying for the Square to QBO integration but here are links for TPI if your interested.

Transaction Pro - rightworks-transaction-pro/quickbooks-online/ 

This imports MORE than just your Square sales data, Purchase orders, Invoices, Bank Statements, Lists and more

Video from Hector Garcia CPA out of Florida about TPI and QBO - TPI to QBO   

Since this is a 3rd party that Square nor QuickBooks is responsible for you can get help from them.  I did when I first setup my connection within 24 hrs via email.  

Good luck with all of this and this is one aspect everyone keeps under raps to keep their software secure, how Square exports data and how QuickBooks imports data.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5