x

Invoices: How do I print an invoice from my Dashboard?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Invoices: Printing Option has disappeared?!??

Usually you go to an invoice and click MORE at the bottom and then select print. However I suddenly noticed it no longer works that way. Now I must select "Create PDF" and when I do that it has 90% on one page and then one line on the seond page. As a PDF when I scale it down all it does is shrink the content on the page but does not allow me to condense two pages into one. Please someone help me as this is just frustrating as it should be SO easy. How else do I send a packing list for orders I am shipping out????!!!!

Ps this is my second time writing this as there was an "unknown error" when I submitted before so I am even more frustrated!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

The error I am getting is: PDF.js v2.2.191 (build: 5adb3237)
Message: Unexpected server response (401) while retrieving PDF "https://squareup.com/invoices/SLXwXiyrnKdggK-fJgWQog/attachments/pdf?inline=true".

>>>> I DID FIND A WORK AROUND THAT MAY WORK FOR OTHERS HAVING THIS ISSUE <<<<

1. Click on the invoice, it will display the popup window on right side of screen with the SHARE, EDIT, MORE options displayed at the bottom.

2. Alt-Click to display the menu: Back, Forward, Reload, Save-As, Print etc
(since I have a track pad and not a two button mouse)

3. Select Print from the options which displays the print screen with preview
4. Select Destination: Print to PDF and Save

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SavvyErica! Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry for the frustration this is causing you. At the time, you're only able to download as a PDF and print that way.

When you condense it, is there an option in your printer options to select 1 page instead of 1 out of 2?

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 19

This does not work. When I select PDF it opens a new window with an error. This is a huge issue as I have to manually submit PDF invoices to many of my customers and now I'm not able to. If I can't make this work I'm going to have to move to a different platform. Very disappointed. I'm on a newer Chromebook and you would think that this shouldn't be an issue. I never once had a problem with the previous PRINT option from the More Menu.

Message 3 of 19
Admin

@orbitheating Sorry you're running into this issue. What is the error that you're seeing when you click to save as a PDF?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 19

Best Answer

The error I am getting is: PDF.js v2.2.191 (build: 5adb3237)
Message: Unexpected server response (401) while retrieving PDF "https://squareup.com/invoices/SLXwXiyrnKdggK-fJgWQog/attachments/pdf?inline=true".

>>>> I DID FIND A WORK AROUND THAT MAY WORK FOR OTHERS HAVING THIS ISSUE <<<<

1. Click on the invoice, it will display the popup window on right side of screen with the SHARE, EDIT, MORE options displayed at the bottom.

2. Alt-Click to display the menu: Back, Forward, Reload, Save-As, Print etc
(since I have a track pad and not a two button mouse)

3. Select Print from the options which displays the print screen with preview
4. Select Destination: Print to PDF and Save

Message 5 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

Works fine on my Chromebook.  Make sure your Chormebook has the latest version of ChromeOS.  I am on 75.  Sometimes a good restart helps as well.

Message 6 of 19

Thank you for the recommendation. I'm running the most current OS: Version 75.0.3770.129 (Official Build) (32-bit). I restarted too just in case. I actually have two Chromebooks and they are both having the same issue. Both are up to date on the OS.

Message 7 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

Ok, in the top right of the browser click the 3 dot menu icon and go to More tools / Extensions.  I would delete or turn of any extention in there you don't think you use.  after that see it it will work.  Sometimes Extentions cause issues and some people add them without knowing it.

If you are using the same account to log into both Chromebook they will both do the samething because all the data is syncing back and forth.

If that doesn't work I would clear history and cache. It is in the same place, More Tools / Clear browsing data.

Message 8 of 19

The only solution to this is for Square to bring back the "Print" option. It's not in her printer or PDF layout settings, it is 100% the result of Square, once again, removing fully functioning options from their paying customers, and replacingit with an overloaded, terrible layout jam packed with customer & order infromation that cannot be hidden or removed. The new "Download PDF" is not an option, it is a forced replacement of something that worked beautifully before. I am so mad right now, and I am absolutely fed up with Square removing things that work. Newsflash, Square! We pay YOU to give us multiple options, but instead, you constantly remove things that work and replace them with crap. Why in the world would you delet the Print option, when you could have just added the Download option and give your paying customers a choice of what works best for them!?!? I've had it with Square limiting my options on how I run my billing, and I would much rather pay more money to a company that adds options instead of removing/replacing perfectly good user options.. 

Message 9 of 19

Now I can't even use the download invoice feature.  When I download the pdf, the screen that used to show the pdf is blank.  I need to print all of my invoices today.  I wish you would just bring back the Print function.  It was much easier to use. Is there a work around to print?

Message 10 of 19

Hi @trinketst -

What kind of internet  browser are you using? Try using Google Chrome to see if you get the same issues. 

Also, could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing whenever you try to print those invoices? 

Kassi
Message 11 of 19

I answered in another thread.  I amm using Chrome  it is up to date.

The download address bar shows

https://squareup.com/invoices/M6iVs17afCLVZ9u1iWTy9A/attachments/pdf?inline=true

there is nothing on the page

Message 12 of 19

Is this happening on all of your invoices or with a customer in particular? 

Kassi
Message 13 of 19

following with same problem 

Message 14 of 19
Admin

Hey @swimfun-

Sorry to hear you're having trouble printing an invoice.

Please ensure you've followed these steps:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard 
  2. Click More > Download PDF to save the invoice as a PDF or print it for your customer.

Please keep in mind that printing an invoice isn’t available from mobile browsers at this time.

If those don't work, please look at the best answer for another suggestion. Let me know if you're still having trouble with this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 15 of 19

Can you use any of the Square printers to print invoices? 

Message 16 of 19
Admin

Hey @GeauxGourmet!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Square Invoices cannot be printed from the Square receipt/ticket printers that Square is compatible with. However, if you take an in-person transaction to pay an invoice, you can print a receipt for it. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 19

How do you print an invoice?

Message 18 of 19

Hi @Bette!

I moved your post to an existing thread for this same question.

@SavvyErica posted some more information above with step by step instructions!

In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first either within the Community or in the Support Center

Ashley C
Message 19 of 19