x

Issues with docking station for contactless chip reader

I have the Square stand with an Ipad 2.  The contactless chip reader worked but since I've attached it to the docking station, it will no longer connect to the app.  I have it connected through the USB hub that came with the stand.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're running into issues. Is your iPad charging when it's plugged into the Square Stand? Do you have any other Hardware plugged in via USB?

Message 2 of 11

Stand is charging the Ipad.  I have the printer and drawer all hooked into the USB hub.  Seems everything works but the chip reader.

Message 3 of 11

@HighPointPub try plugging the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader in to the USB Hub directly (without the Dock) with the charging cord that came in the box. 

Let me know if the Register App recognizes the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader when it's plugged in directly. 

Message 4 of 11

Reader works without the dock.

Message 5 of 11

It was working when we first installed the dock but then it quit.  I don't think the docking station is charging the reader.

Message 6 of 11

@HighPointPub Awesome! Well...not awesome, but I'm glad we found the root of the problem. 

We'll definitely replace the Charging Dock for you. Head over to our Warranty page and we'll get you taken care of. 

Message 7 of 11

Thanks!  Just submitted the warranty order.

Message 8 of 11

Installed the new chip reader.  It works only half the time.  I sent my old reader back in the box it came in but I was still charged for the old reader.

What gives??

Message 9 of 11

I have the docking/charging stand for my chip reader and it was working fine for a few months and now it's not charging at all. I was able to charge the reader, so the reader is fine. What should I do?

Message 10 of 11

Hey @annamarti, I recomend taking a look at EJ's post above. It will get you pointed in the right direction. 

Message 11 of 11