x

Item descriptions deleted or reverted to earlier version

Hi!

As of Friday, several items in my item library have their descriptions deleted! I had to manually REWRITE all of the descriptions before making them active again. What happened?? Some of the descriptions weren't deleted but used language from an earlier time. This caused at least an hour of added work to rewrite the descriptions. Wondering if there's something I can do to avoid this in the future or if it was something out of my control. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @chilecoloradovt

Thank you for reaching out.

Have you had any imports to your Item Library? That can cause some disconnect. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I did add 2 new items on Friday. Is there any way I can avoid it from reverting to an earlier version if I decide to add more items to the library, which I will be doing by the end of the week.

Message 3 of 6

@chilecoloradovt  -

Did you add new items through your Dashboard or through importing the spreadsheet? 

Adding a new item through your Dashboard wouldn't revert your Item Library back to the previous versions. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

I didn’t even know I could import from a spreadsheet! I used the platform.

Message 5 of 6

@chilecoloradovt

Yes, you can! I usually recommend that for adding a lot of items to your Item Library at once. 

Since you used the platform - I would recommend reaching out to our CS Team. Our Support Team has the ability to file a ticket with our Engineering Team if they are unable to find a solution to an app issue. Please don't be afraid to request this so they can look into this for you. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6