x
Beta Member

Item stuck on website and giving 404 error

Hello! I have an item that is marked as 'Unavailable' in terms of its visibility. However, the item still appears on my website and when you click through to it, it leads you to a 404 error. I'd really like to make it so this item no longer appears on our website, as we will no longer be carrying it. 

Has anyone ever had this issue before and know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mollymoran 👋

Was the item supposed to be deleted, or did you just mark it as "unavailable"? We can re-index your site items which should remove it from the site to prevent that the 404 error from showing up.

Can you post a link to the item on your website? Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

The item wasn't supposed to be deleted, and as far as I can tell it's not because I can still edit the item. I'm not entirely sure where the issue would have occurred.

Here is the link to our website. The item in question should be the very first thing listed in the Merch & Miscellany category. It is called "Tote Bag."

Please note, there is a similar item called "Tote Bag (6 bottle)" that is working as intended and not the one in question.

Message 3 of 7

Okay, no problem! I was able to put in a re-index request and it looks like that item is no longer showing on the website. Nothing was changed within your actual item library, though. The re-index just updated the live site to correctly reflect your store settings.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 😊

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

@BernadetteA That definitely worked! Thanks for your help 🙂 

Message 5 of 7

I’m having the same 404 issue. Item is no longer available but is showing on my website. Can you please help remove it?

Message 6 of 7

Hello, @Sunsetgrove23

We understand the importance of promptly addressing the 404 issue on your website. To assist further, can you please confirm if this is your website?

We are not seeing it come up as a 404, in addition, can you please provide the exact name of the item/items you are seeing as no longer available. 

We will be on the lookout for your response. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 7