x

Known Issue with sending Square Messages (11/29/22 - 12/14/22)

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages."

Is anyone also having problems with text messages failing to send. And receiving this message:

“Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages. Messages may not send as expected.”

Message 1 of 157
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Mtbresnan, @Zeuspmu, and @allisonlrhoades - Thank you all for posting here in the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are being impacted by the ongoing issue with Square Messages.

This particular issue has been taking a little longer because we are working alongside a third party in order to resolve it. Our engineers and our Square Messaging Product Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating a solution with third-party mobile carriers. 

In the meantime, we will continue to update issquareup.com with the latest details. Sorry that we have not been posting updates as often on this one. We don't have new information at this time, but this issue is certainly prioritized by our engineers and they are still working on it. We thoroughly appreciate your patience and understanding until this is fully resolved.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying to this thread. 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 157

Best Answer

Hi all - I wanted to come back to this thread to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved and our Messaging services are fully operational.

Your patience was greatly appreciated while our engineers and third-party partners worked on getting this resolved. I know that not being able to use a tool due to technical issues can be extremely frustrating and can have a severe impact on your business.

We apologize for any repercussions this feature outage has caused. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 157
156 REPLIES 156

Count me in, the problems is still not resolved!

Message 22 of 157

They are trying to send me to the appointment team. This is a system issue ! Please have it addressed. Everyone didn't just decide to unsubscribe.

Message 23 of 157

@MayaP The fix is very easy.

We cannot alter the automated text confirmation that is sent from square… but SQUARE can ! Please change the automated text message to read “ reply yes to this text to enable communication “.

EASY. That way, at least some people will reply to the text to initiate us being able to text message.

Message 24 of 157

@_Violet

Please clarify what “fully operational” means, because it seems that Square messages does not function the way it used to - there has been a critical change to a business being able to message a customer first, not even to request their permission to receive additional messages.

Square users never received an adequate explanation of why this issue happened, or how it was resolved.

Message 25 of 157

It actually hasn't been resolved and it is not fully functional. ALL my clients messages say they have unsubscribed from receiving text messages which is false. Everyone loves the messages and I'm getting complaints about them not receiving their reminders.

Message 26 of 157
Super Seller

I'm still struggling with Messages. I restarted everything, logged in and out and still nothing. I even tried on different devices. Help! 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 27 of 157

No it hasn’t. It says every one of my customers has unsubscribed. I even tried myself… I know I didn’t unsubscribe. I want a refund of my square fees.

Message 28 of 157

Hello, @Amytaylor I know this is extremely upsetting but as advised above you will need to follow up with Direct Support in order to get this resolved. Thank you so much! 

Message 29 of 157

It's still not working. I'm having the same issues as everyone who has replied to your message. It's absurd at this point. 

Message 30 of 157

Once this has gone to 1 month, I will be looking in to a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT to refund our subscription fees. As this Messages feature is one of the PAID advantages to my Appointments Plus pricing plans and it is now unavailable. Since there has been no update to my terms of service, I will consider this a breach of contract and expect remuneration.

Anyone who is interested in this please like and comment to this thread and we'll stay in the loop.

Message 31 of 157

My messaging seems to be working in the past several days. Now, I have no idea if one of my clients has tried to contact me and has not been able to do so, however, I have received (and have successfully responded to) clients who have contacted me as of 5 days ago which was 12/15. Please keep me in this loop though and I do hope that others of you have been experiencing better results too!

Message 32 of 157
Beta Member

This has not been resolved at all. I have Square for Retail Plus. I have customers placing orders and I can't reach out to them via messages to thank them personally thank them for their order, ask if they would like their purchase gift wrapped and when they would like to pick it up. It's because of this type of customer service that I offer that keeps my customers coming back to me. They appreciate the communication and personal attention. It is completely unacceptable that the month before Christmas, Square has thousands of us retailers trying to successfully get through what is usually our busiest time of the year, with a key feature like this unavailable. It makes us look unprofessional. Square has absolutely no answer or explanation. What is even more unacceptable is the amount of hoops they have you jump through by calling support and reciting your email to six different people who never seem to understand what you are saying the first or even second time. By the time you do get an answer, you've wasted 45 minutes of your time, are completely frustrated, and are told they "are aware of the issue and are working on it".  It seems as though every single issue I've had with Square is handled this way. I'm at my breaking point with Square and their lack of customer support and unreliability.

Message 33 of 157

Is this issue occurring again? My messages worked again for maybe a day & now won’t send again. 😩

Message 34 of 157

THis is not resolved.
SO...for example ...I have a new customer...they come into my store, I enter their name and phone number in to text them a reminder or a coupon later on during the week. Well...since they are new to my list of customers...it still shows that I am NOT able to text them. It says this customer has unsubscribed ...which I know the did not!! The problem is how am I supposed to have them text me first to sign up for reminders or coupons....I have tried but guess what?!?! Looks like some of my customers have gotten texts from my system from DIFFERENT phone numbers from me! So if each customer gets texts from  a different phone number....how can I have them text me first?!?! Is there a way to have it just be 1 phone number that is sending out the texts from my register?! How on earth am I supposed to run a business?! Emails are annoying to customers and texting is faster and easier. Fix this please.

Message 35 of 157

We are still unable to message most of our customers. A majority of them are showing unsubscribed and this happened all at once as a result of sobering Square has done. We don’t know how to get them all subscribed again and it’s is having a detrimental impact on our business. 

Message 36 of 157

I am unable to text via messages (It's 1/9/23). Can someone please help with this? It's really a big part of what I need.

Message 37 of 157

It says its been resolved but it has not. We cannot send outgoing messages to our customers

Message 38 of 157

Square informed us last week that they aren't allowing this feature any longer. 

You'll have to have the customer initiate contact via SMS and then the seller can only reply to that message. 

Message 39 of 157

I still cannot message my clients!

Message 40 of 157

no its not fixed. I still can't send my clients text using square's text messaging. The system asks the client send us a text first in order to unblock for us to text them back. This means I have to proactively text or ask the client face to face to say "hey, reply to that text real quick so I can text you in the future!". This is really lame.

Message 41 of 157

But it isn’t fully operational, I can’t message my clients, there is no message line, and it says I can only reply to their messages, which I also can’t. I pay for square appointments and I’m. It receiving one of the most important features. This is ridiculous.

Message 42 of 157