x

New Update Alert

After the latest update from April 5th our Contactless and Chip readers are having payment issues. When we insert the card after selecting Charge the processing buffer screen doesnt pop up anymore. We have no options after that which result in the payment going through. We have to type in the customers credit card information. Does anyone else have this issues or know a way to resolve it. 

The iPads in our store work just fine, however both reader types no longer work with our iphones. We have all installed the latest update for the Square app and we all have the latest update versions in our phones. 

We have already re-installed the app as well as restarting our devices. I worked only once after the update after that it will no longer load past Charge.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

I have exactly the sam,e issue. Unable to charge the customer card with the chip reader 

Message 2 of 14

update it again ,its working now.

Message 3 of 14
Alumni

Hi @Mattlin & @Hippie - This is definitely not good so hopefully I can get you some help!

Can you share what type of devices (model iPhone/iPad) you're using and when you updated your POS app? Also, I just want to confirm that you're using the contactless and chip reader. 

For the time being, here are some general troubleshooting tips which may solve your problem. You can also call in to our Customer Success team to get some one-on-one troubleshooting, especially since this seems urgent. 

Message 4 of 14

Thanks,

1.This problem Only with : Iphone 6s Plus,Iphone 6 Plus,Iphone 7 Plus.No Problem with all Ipad 2017.

2.we have problem with Contactless reader And Magstripe reader,so can only take payment with enter card numbler.

3.All Reader are fine when they pair to Ipads.

4.Done all reset,restart,reinstall,re-login Apple ID......

Message 5 of 14

And I have been call Square Suport for 3 Times,no one can resolve this proplem!and its clear that problem related with the new update POS App(April 5th),one of our employee try few times are fine before he update this App,immediate after he update this App......you know what happen

Message 6 of 14
Admin

Thanks for circling back with this information, @Mattlin, and I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering. I went to check on this and I can see that our engineering team is actively looking into this issue.

I'll be sure to pass along the details you provided here and the team member assisting with your case will be in touch via email as soon as any developments become available.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 14

Thanks!

Message 8 of 14

I am having the same exact problem. Using the Iphone 7 and the contactless square reader. I am having to enter cards manually, which s not good. Am thinking of moving to another service as this has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Hey @rhillyard, I'm so sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble with this, too.😕

Were you able to give the troubleshooting tips that @katieand suggested above? If not, please give them a run-through as they usually resolve this kind of issue right away. Please let us know if those improves the situation, or if you continue to receive any kind of error message or other unexpected behavior.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 10 of 14

The Square team just called said they fund the problem,so there is new update came up,I updated it and try it ,it is working . 

Message 11 of 14

its working now,just update this app again.

Message 12 of 14
Admin

Awesome—thanks for confirming, @Mattlin🙌

Thank you for your patience and please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 13 of 14

You're welcome!Square Support doing a good Job!

Message 14 of 14