x
Beta Member

Offline Sales

How do I manually upload offline sales within 24 hours?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@JulieDos  As long as your system is connected to the internet, your offline sales will be uploaded as Square’s servers can take them. 

That outage was so severe and long lasting that it will take time for everything to return to normal. You should see your offline payments settle within a few hours. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you, Ryan, but we are approaching that 24 hour window and we have been "online" for 3 hours and they haven't posted...if they don't post within the next two hours, they will delete them - yikes! It's $1500

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@JulieDossorry I'm just getting back to your reply! With how severe the outage was I have a hard time believing Square is going to hold tight to that 24 hour rule. I don't know for certain of course, but I think all your offline payments will be accepted.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Hi @JulieDos.  Just be sure that your POS are connected to the internet.  It should start soon.  Since this was a worldwide outage, everyone with offline transactions is in a queue and it will take some time to process the backlog.  Mine all seem to have finished about an hour ago.  Just keep an eye on it.  But, you can’t manually make it start.  It’s automatic as long as you are connected to the internet on each device that took offline sales.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks! but we are approaching that 24 hour window and we have been "online" for 3 hours and they haven't posted...if they don't post within the next two hours, they will delete them - yikes! It's $1500

Message 6 of 6