x

POS is no longer prompting for customer name.

Our POS used to always prompt us for a name with every new purchase.  Now it is no longer prompting and is by default calling purchase ORDER.  This is greatly impacting our efficiency and our ability to handle orders and correctly get orders out to the right customers.  We have made mo changes to our POS.  

THANKS

Message 1 of 36
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Mayasand-

Engineering said this issue is a known bug with the version of the POS app that you are running. If you update your app to 5.65 on Tuesday (when it becomes available), the issue should be fully resolved.

Sorry about that and thanks for your patience with us

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

@isabelle 
Good afternoon.  We were told the pos update rolled out this last Tuesday would correct this issue.  However, as of today we have had this happen again several times.  Here is a screenshot of one of those times.

6C02A1C5-896C-4F89-81D3-46B54C53E047.png

if more informatin is needed for further troubleshooting, please let me know.

Thanks.

Message 22 of 36

I’m having this same issue with our brand new Square Register that just arrived yesterday. Any updated fixes?

Message 23 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Ian14

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your new Square Register. 

To start, take a look at these troubleshooting steps that usually does the trick.

If they don't work, then I would recommend contacting our Hardware Team directly. They can get into the details of the Register and get it sorted out for you. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 36

Hi Kassi,

I've spoken with the support team and they said this function is not currently available on the Square Register, yet I've seen other threads indicating that the issue has been resolved for them. Please post the fix for this issue so we can get this resolved and help others having the same issue.

Thank you.

Message 25 of 36

We have not had this issue at our other location but today opened a new location with the Square POS (same as our other location) and it's not prompting for customer names. Please advise as this isn't an option for us not to have...

Message 26 of 36

Welcome to our Seller Community, @jendtoledo 👋

You might just have to configure your printer settings to enable this. here's how:

1. Tap ≡ More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
  2. Tap Settings > Hardware > Printers > select your desired printer.
  3. Toggle Order Tickets on.
  4. Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.
  5. Choose the categories you’d like to print under Include on Ticket.
  6. Repeat on additional printers.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 27 of 36

I’ve followed these steps and it didn’t work. 

Message 28 of 36

Hey there @Yokoscatering

This does sound super frustrating, especially if one location is working as intended. 

I have escalated this to our Product engineers to see if they can take a deeper look into what is going on here. 

Myself or another community moderator will get back to you as soon as we have some information. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Message 29 of 36
Beta Member

Finally!  This has been plaguing various locations for years now!  Thanks for working on a fix for this key component for many of us...

Charlie

Message 30 of 36

OMG thank you! Please find a fix and make the behaviour consistent. My staff go nuts when having to work at the "other" locations. 

Looking forward to a fix. 

Message 31 of 36

Hello there @Yokoscatering

Our team has asked us to confirm with you which location you are having this inconvenience and if you are using any particular Device Code (no need to share the code here, just the device name) so they can investigate this further. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 36

Hi @JJ_ ,

The location that used to have this issue is the "Doggie Pawtraits POS". However, I just tested it and it seems to be working? 

That same location is now also prompting for customer names using the regular Square POS app as well. 

I just tested in the Appointments app and that app is also prompting for customer name, too, at checkout, yay! 

Whatever your team has done, it seems to be fixed for me 🙂 thanks you very much! 

Message 33 of 36

@Yokoscatering, I've confirmed the device name with our team so we can investigate further. However, I'd like to confirm if you are still experiencing this issue or if it has been resolved. I ask because you left a question mark after "seems to be working."

Message 34 of 36

I can confirm it’s now working for me. Thank you 🙂

Message 35 of 36

I have 2 locations set up in Square and one of them prompts for Ticket Names at every order but the other location does not! I am pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. I’d literally switch locations on the same device and one would prompt Ticket names and the other won’t! Please help. 

Message 36 of 36