x
Beta Member

Partner Account Access without Team Plus

Square Partner Access and Team Plus = DISASTER

We need to figure out a solution for accessing client accounts without them having to upgrade to "Team Plus." My client does not want their employees to have full access and doesn't need "Team Plus" for their regular operations. So in order to access their account, Square told me to go ahead and have her sign up for the 30-day free trial of "Team Plus" and that they should have a solution before the 30-days were up. But now that the 30 days are up and I canceled their "Team Plus" subscription, I only have access to Square Online through "Weebly Developers."

I've been calling about finding a solution for the last three weeks and have called every day this week (literally spent over 500 minutes on the phone over the last couple of weeks) trying to get a trial extension or something put in place so that my client doesn't have to pay the $40/mo just for me to access the account. But the only answers I've gotten are "we're working on it" or "we'll get back to you."

Today I called again and the man on the phone told me that my client should be responsible for paying for Team Plus because they are "using" that feature. This is a totally unacceptable answer and a totally unacceptable problem that Square needs to fix.

Has anyone figured out a workaround or solution for this yet?

#TeamPlus

Alyssa Anderson
Designalyssa
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @designalyssa

This is a great question, but I unfortunately do not have an answer to provide at the moment. I'm going to try to reach out to some teammates to see if we have anything on the roadmap for this type of login. 

Do you happen to have the case number for when you were told to signup for the free trial? 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I asked my "Partner Manager" about it back in early September, she told me to just do the free trial and that she was working on a solution. I've emailed her about it several times since then and as of today (November 4th @ 4 PM), this was her response "I do not currently have a solution for this yet but I am working on it. I will let you know as soon as I do." <<<<< I've gotten that response from everyone I've contacted about the issue.

I've never been given a case number or even knew I could open a case regarding the issue.

Alyssa Anderson
Designalyssa
Message 3 of 3