x

Payroll MLK JR Day delayed by 1 day

Did anyone else submit Payroll before the deadline (a day early) for MLK this week but still are getting the message that payroll will be paid a day late?

Our payroll was required to be submitted by 10pm on Wed, Jan 11th in which we submitted it before store closing (at 8pm) on Wednesday, Jan 11th and still Payroll is saying our payroll will be paid out on Thur, Jan 19th when Payroll is suppose to pay employees on Wednesdays (Jan 18th).

I've tried submitting a Payroll Inquiry to Square but they have not responded in over 24 hours.  Just trying to get a general idea if this is a site-wide issue or if it's just effecting us.

I have ever only had one other issue which was Square not notifying us that payroll was due (which they had done so in the past) and caused us to fail to submit payroll by 10pm, however this was not the case this time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @vaporsalon, definitely sounds like something's up. 

Unfortunately, I'm not as versed in Payroll's process for this and I can’t address your account specific issue here in the community, as it’s public. 

I've gone ahead and passed your message to Payroll team and you should hear back from them directly. 

Message 2 of 3

Apparently Engineering did find that my payroll was submitted on time but because its the ACH network there is no way to speed up payroll.  This is part of the response I received from Payroll support.

"The engineers let me know that you did submit it on time but the system processed it late. I apologize for that and the inconvenience it has caused. Since direct deposits depends on the ACH network, there isn't a way to speed this up. "

If anyone else encountered this issue - be sure to submit an inquiry to Payroll Support.  They need to know how many companies they screwed up this week.

Our bucket response was for a measely $42.00 of Processing Fees to be given to us in exchange for **bleep**ed off employees that they cannot pay their bills on time.

Message 3 of 3