x

Power lost to Printer and scanner

All of a sudden we started loosing power to both the scanner and printer.  We have to unplug both to reset. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@jjohnston I'm sorry to hear that happened! These Square Stand troubleshooting steps should help but if this issue persisits don't hesitate to call our CS team so they can investigate this further with you. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 9

The same thing has been happening to us the last 2 days. Seems like it started happening after we updated the app. When we look at the settings in POS, it's not registering that any accessories are attached (printer, scanner, and cash drawer). Need to unplug the square hub in order for it to recognize them again. It's not happening all the time, but it's happened in the afternoon the last 2 days after waking the stand up from sleep mode.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Oh no, I'm sorry that you're also experiencing a similar issue @llij96. Did try the troubleshooting steps I provided? If you have, and the issue continues don't hesitate to call our team. The more details we can gather the better! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 9

Yes, I've checked all the connections. Actually pulled the ipad out of the stand & rebooted it yesterday & that reset things, but today just unplugged the hub & that worked. Updated software to version 5.13 yesterday morning, so wondering if it's related to that.

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Thanks for rebooting and for sharing here that unplugging it worked - that'll help anyone else that might run into this! We haven't had an uptick in reports of this issue yet so I would start with calling in.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 9

Probably not going to have time to call customer service this week, but I did notice my ipad has a software update, so I'm going to do that tonight to see if it resolves. Right now we're on iOS 12.2, but the update is to 12.3.1. Will report back if that makes a difference.

Message 7 of 9

FYI: Updated my iPad to iOS 12.3.1 a couple weeks ago, and this issue hasn't happened since then. Must've been something between the Square app version and the iOS version.

Message 8 of 9

This has happened to us off and on since late January 2019.  It was right after an update that it started, and seems to be update related.  Usually some combination of restarting the ipad, restarting the Square app and unplugging everything works, but it's a hassle when there is a customer waiting.

Message 9 of 9