x

Price 2 / Default showing on printed receipts...

Items are showing with "price 2" listed under them in the cart and on the printed receipts. The word "default" used to show in this area.. I figured out how to get rid of that. Yay! But now with the newest products I've added into my inventory, this "price 2" thing is showing up under all of them. None of these items have modifiers or options. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

@TheBurrow ;

I would suggest going to the Item(s) that are showing "Price 2" and see what is displayed there.  Are you using Square POS, Square for Retail or Square for Restaurants?  Mine just show the Items name The Category of the Item and the Sales price along with (X 1), where the 1 is how many of that item we rang up.   We use Square for Retail.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 11

Hi again Keith 😁

Using Square for Retail Plus over here, on the register. Yeah I've looked through every field and checkbox to be ticked and all that jazz within each item... nothing accounts for this weird price 2 thing 😕

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

@TheBurrow ;

Is Price 2 a Category you have set up?   My Receipt is showing 28oz and 8oz and 16oz under the item name which are variations for those items.  

Maybe if you changed the Price you named the variation to Price 2?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 4 of 11

Is this area, right? Where is says variation name? (hoping the photo I've inserted shows up) I've been leaving that blank. This is where the word "default" used to show, so I got rid of that and everything was dandy. Then all of a sudden the price 2 started showing up. I tried deleting this area all together, but then it leaves the vendor area blank. I gotta say, I'm only a few weeks into using Square and I've spent more time in these forums and searching endlessly for answers... ughh... these things just don't make sense 🙁

Screenshot 2023-06-26 133635.png

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller

That is you can change the Variation Name there.  Then that should show under the Item Name on the receipt.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 11

I guess I can't just leave it blank then.. that must be triggering the price 2 for whatever glitchy reason. If only I could just let it go and ignore it lol Here we go, round 17 of going through and editing my items again 🤣😭🙃

Thank you for your help Keith, again, I truly appreciate it 🙏

Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

@TheBurrow ;

Glad that is what it is, what you can do is export your Items Catalog as a CSV or Excel File and open it in Google Sheets.  Then sort you items so all the items you need to add a Variation to are together.  Then type in your Variation and copy  it down your Variations Column.  You may want to Click and Drag down the text for Variation if it is the same.  Here is how with Google Sheets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhVWDE8lFbA 

I have been finding out it is easier to edit my Catalog with Google Sheets or Excel than using Squares Dashboard.  I have about 6000 Items.  Just letting you know about this Time savings way to edit your Items (Catalog)...Time is Money   lol

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 8 of 11

The video reference... spot on, thank you! I'm a visual/doer kind of learner so this is super helpful. I'm new to learning excel too, so I've been going back and forth trying to figure out if it's easier for me to use that versus the dashboard... quickness most definitely is key 🤑😄

Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

@TheBurrow ;

Currently we have about 155 Different Scents in our candles and have 21 Variations based on Size and Type of Candle.  So when I come out with a New Scent I had to make 21 new Items / or variations in Squares Dashboard.  That was time consuming.  Then someone told me to use Option Set.  So I tried using the Option sets.  This worked great UNTIL I went to have to have an Option of my 28oz Jars on sale.  Since the Options are a Variation this was not possible.   So trying to fix this so I can have my 28oz jars a Bakers Dozen... buy 12 get 1 free deal.  I had to come up with a new way to enter my items Quickly when I add a new scent.  So I made a New Scent In my options Set as Keith.  Went through my Catalog and selected ONLY my Item Keith with my options and made a new Spreadsheet in Google Sheets.  Made a few minor tweaks and then uploaded a my new Scent TEST.   Checked everything out it all seemed to work.  Then I deleted Item Test in my Square Dashboard and all its Variations.  Changed Test in the Spread Sheet to Scent and saved it.   So now when I add a New scent I use Edit - Find and Replace in Google sheets.  I find Scent and replace it with Japanese Cherry Blossom and then Upload that.  Then I get my 21 new Items, each in its own Category of sizes. So now what use to take me Hours to do, I am done in 5 min or so..... I am a slow at typing at times.  I made sure I left the Reference Handle and Token columns empty so Square knows they are new items.  I mention this as, just because square says to do it this way or that way you may need to figure out what can work best for you and your business.   

This forum is great for help so if you have questions ask away, someone will usually have an answer or can point you in the right direction.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 10 of 11

@Candlestore 

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been figuring out. Finding my own little workarounds for all sorts of things. I'm relieved to know it's not just me missing something or not understanding the way this software works. It seems pretty silly that workarounds need to be done when this kind of stuff should be common sense things already in place within the platform. I feel like Square and all of us users could really benefit from them hiring some retired retail business owners or something to help them in the software department. I am super grateful for this seller community though, that's for sure! And for You and all your advice and time spent helping me 💕 

Message 11 of 11