x

Processing Refunds

Hello, I issued a refund for a customer, but the refund failed because I was having issues linking my bank account. Basically, my bank was rejecting Square and not allowing withdrawals, so when I tried to issue a refund it failed because my Square account has a negative balance. 

I have fixed the issue with my bank and can now process withdrawals. I attempted to process the refund again, but it said I couldn't do it because the refund already went through. But it didn't, it failed. How can I process the refund? 

Thanks! 

Keelie 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

There's a lot going on with that transaction!  Since privacy considerations don't allow us in the Community to view your account's details, you are going to need to contact Square's support team to handle this:

You'll need your customer code to call.  Follow the instructions below on how to get it.

Go to Square's support page.

Click “More”

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1  855  700  6000

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 3

Hello @Reno_Tahoe, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. 

If a refund fails you will have to refund your customer outside of Square Point of Sale. Such as cash or check. If you issue a refund outside of Square, I recommend providing your customer a receipt and keep a copy for your records. 

Message 3 of 3