x

Re: Cannot add new items to Online Store

Hey Sean,

I've cleared my cache, and I use Google Chrome.  I'll be plugging along adding item after item to the store only to have it suddenly stop accepting items.  It'll let me enter all the info, and when I click Save, nothing new appears in the store.  This is crazy frustrating.

Thanks,

Amy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Hi @WonderfullyMade. Sorry to hear about the trouble! Can you share how many items you have added already? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 9

There are 48 items in there now.  I added about 7 yesterday before it quit working.  When this has happened to me before, I was able to log out, come back 24 hours later and have it work again.  When it happened yesterday, I tried several different times after logging out, gave up, and tried again this morning only to have it still not take new items.

Message 3 of 9
Square

Thanks for the follow-up. I went ahead and checked things out myself, and didn't seem to have an issue creating a new item. 🤔  Did it look like your browser was loading still? Have you tried clearing cached files? Have you tried today? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 9

I cleared my brower's history 'from the beginning of time' today.  I also just tried to enter an item.  Hilariously, when I add a quick item just called something like "Make," it saves it and it appears, but then I edit it - fill it all out - and then it doesn't update.  So I trash it and try again - filling it out completely this time - only to have it not appear.

Message 5 of 9
Square

Hmm. I went ahead and tested things out on your account again, and didn't have any trouble creating an item. Can you share a screenshot of what your filling in? Also, have you double checked that there aren't any software updates available for your browser or computer? You might also just reset your computer for good measure. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 9

My computer is updated.  Without restarting it, I just added an item.  I have no idea what changed or what I'll do the next time it does this to me...  It seems to just take time and a billion logouts...  If you have any other suggestions for the future, let me know!

Message 7 of 9
Square

Glad to hear! I don't have any other tricks up sleeve, but feel free to let us know if it happens again. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 9

I figured it out.  This is so bizarre.  It was the clip art I was using.  I realized it let me enter other items, so I tried changing the picture (just a stock image) and it took it.

Message 9 of 9