x

SP742 Kitchen Printer not printing Chinese characters

We’ve set up the printer to print Asian anguished by hooking it up to a Windows PC using StarPRNT intelligence software. Printing tests, we’ve verified that it can indeed Chinese characters; however when receiving orders via the POS system, the Chinese characters print out as ??? (Question marks).

Any one have success with multilingual support on their kitchen printer? (The front register printers print out perfectly. So frustrated after chatting with both Square and Star Print tech support!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience, @Sohunan

I've had a look at some other forums, and it looks like Star Micronics should be able to verify if the SP742 model you have has the ability to print Chinese characters. Just to clarify, are your test orders also sent from the Square POS? And are the test orders printing on your register, or the SP742? 

Message 2 of 5

I am having exactly the same issue.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @RjSpecials

I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with your printer. Can you confirm if your issue is exactly as described by the original poster? Is it only the kitchen printer?

If applicable, are you able to answer the questions that @Arie previously asked? Can you print test orders sent from the Square POS? And are the test orders printing on your register, or the SP742? 

Message 4 of 5

Hi Bernadettea, We need Chinese & English character to print with kitchen printer SP742, please let me know how to do it? It is urgent! Thank you ! 

Message 5 of 5