x

Not getting verification emails

I’m trying to update the debit card on my account in the app. (iOS 11.2.1/iPhone 8+)

The app app tells me it needs to verify the change and an email has been sent but it never arrives. 

I double checked the the email address, to make sure it’s correct. It is.

It’s not in the spam/junk mail folder. (iOS doesn’t have a junk mail folder for POP accounts.)

i looked at the email server’s log files to see if the anti spam module was kicking the mail back, as it sometimes is wont to do, but there was no trace of an email from squareup.com; it never made it to my mail server. 

I logged into the squareup.com website and I received the login notification email however. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@affinabio Very sorry for the frustration! It looks like you were able to get in touch with our CS team by the time I read your post.

If you're not receiving password reset email address you could try a different email address. Password reset emails can only be sent to the address linked to your account.

If you've only used one email address with Square you might need to check your email settings or reach out to your email provider directly to see why you're not receiving messages from Square. 

Let me know here if you still need help and I'll create a case for you with the CS team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Admin

Hey @VioletDeVille, sorry to hear about the issues you've been encountering with the verification email—that shouldn't be happening.😕 Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot.

If you've still been unable to receive the notification email, please get in touch with our Support Team from the email address that's tied to your Square account. They'll be able to take a deeper dive from there.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction—let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 22

I have the same issue except with a new account. No email arrives. Any solution? 

Message 3 of 22
Alumni

Hi @wjblevins - You'll probably have to email our team to get help. I'm assuming you checked your SPAM folder too (every once in a while it ends up there). 

Message 4 of 22

There is no email address to which to write for the support group.  I am asking for support in not getting a verification or password email and the contact form is asking me for my email, to which I am not getting emails!  How do I break this circle?

Message 5 of 22
Admin

Best Answer

@affinabio Very sorry for the frustration! It looks like you were able to get in touch with our CS team by the time I read your post.

If you're not receiving password reset email address you could try a different email address. Password reset emails can only be sent to the address linked to your account.

If you've only used one email address with Square you might need to check your email settings or reach out to your email provider directly to see why you're not receiving messages from Square. 

Let me know here if you still need help and I'll create a case for you with the CS team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 22

Trying to edit my bank account and debit card, but every time I get to the email verification part it doesn’t seem to go through or have me sign in, please help 

Message 7 of 22
Alumni

Oh no, sorry to hear this @Lijah87. Are you running into this issue on a mobile device or a computer? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 22

Did you ever receive resolution on this?  I'm trying to edit my bank info,  and I'm also not getting verification email! I've emailed support twice and NO response yet. It's embarrassing having to tell customers you can't accept cards right now out of fear of not receiving funds being sent to old account. Frustrating. Please help.

Message 9 of 22
Alumni

Hi @Danelle_W - You should also reach out to our Customer Success team via the link I posted above. They should be able to sort you out!

Message 10 of 22

I am trying to update my bank account information, but I'm not able to receive the verification email. I have checked all of the standard troubleshooting options. So I was wondering if I only get the email after the internal Bank verification takes place?

Message 11 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Wilma1! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around the same issue. 

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting options and checking all folders is coming up with nothing for you.

You'll need to contact our CS team at this point as @Tom mentioned above here. 

Ashley C
Message 12 of 22

When I try to change my banking account, it ask me to check my email to confirm, problem is, I'm not receiving any emails. Not sure how to fix it.

Message 13 of 22

Hey @1earlnixon and welcome to the Community,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community where another seller had the same issue.

There's some troubleshooting steps on the first page you can reference such as checking junk/spam folders and information on how to contact our direct CS team if there's no luck there. 

Ashley C
Message 14 of 22

I receied an email asking me to verify me email address, but the "verify emmail address' link was not active; what should I do?

Message 15 of 22

Hi there, @PhilipMelcheck 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the email you received here for us? Your description sounds a bit strange, and I want to make sure this isn't someone impersonating Square in order to phish for personal information.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 16 of 22

Trying to Change bank account. have done it many times. Cant verify.

Message 17 of 22

Hi @Acentral,

I moved your post to a thread where this issue has been addressed already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

You can contact the direct CS team here if need be.

Ashley C
Message 18 of 22

I cannot believe this is still an issue. I am trying to view the card number for my account with you and I am not receiving the emails to for the verification code. 

Message 19 of 22

I am trying to change bank accounts and it asks to verify however I am not receiving a verification email. I have checked my blocked senders/filter list and my spam folder. Square is not blocked nor in my spam.

Message 20 of 22

Hi @COSASDFW - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your verification email has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and email logs with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 21 of 22