x

Weebly website has disappeared

Hello,

I logged in to my weebly account and my published website disappeared. It's as if I never created it. i emailed weebly/square and waited 48 hours yet no one has replied to me. 

My website was fully made and it's live, I just can't enter the account or find it to make edits on my account. 

PLEASE HELP!

Kindly,

Raquel

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @ucflafasa - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. So sorry to hear about the issues with your site! We will do our best to assist.

Is it possible that you have more than one Square/Weebly account? Normally whenever we field messages that a site has suddenly disappeared, it can be traced back to logging into a separate account rather than the account with the created website.

If not, we will need you to flag this over to our Support Team directly so that we can assist in troubleshooting (which it sounds like you have done through email). It may take a bit of time for us to work through our queues and get to your email request, but you can also feel free to call at any time!

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Best Answer

Hi there, @ucflafasa - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. So sorry to hear about the issues with your site! We will do our best to assist.

Is it possible that you have more than one Square/Weebly account? Normally whenever we field messages that a site has suddenly disappeared, it can be traced back to logging into a separate account rather than the account with the created website.

If not, we will need you to flag this over to our Support Team directly so that we can assist in troubleshooting (which it sounds like you have done through email). It may take a bit of time for us to work through our queues and get to your email request, but you can also feel free to call at any time!

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Message 2 of 23

Same thing with me and I've been told now for over 10 days that it would be back up within 48-72 hours. I have a case # and have spent over 8 hours on the phone with both Square and Weebly, plus tons of chats. If anyone from Square  or Weebly sees this stuff here, call me please. My website was russlevin.com, and it was up for over 7 years with no issues. Every since Square bought Weebly it seems they don't care about their clients. I owe Square Capital $$$, but how do I pay them  when they take my business off the web?  Last conversation with them was on Monday and I was told I would be getting a call Tuesday morning....I'm still waiting. 

Message 3 of 23

I'm more than willing to allow Square to remove anything they don't want on my website  or tell me which items and I'll do it. After 7 years why do they just remove my website with NO WARNING!!

Message 4 of 23

This has just happened to me and now - zero access to anything about my site and "Squareup" has zero info in the backend about websites at all. Apparently I can set up a Wordpress app from scratch? I set my account up with Weebly, paid for a year, then Square took over. I don't even need eCommerce on my site! I just need a regular website and I am bombarded with payment info. My web address says it's a security risk on the web - great! Losing even more business! I can only get through to Squareup by phone and it says my account is under review, I guess because I was ignoring prompts to set up Square payment processing. I don't need it! Why would I set it up??

Message 5 of 23

I'm still waiting for a reply from Square/Weebly that they said I would get within 48-72 hours, that was over 5 months ago!! I'm so done with them and I lost all my work of a website that was with them for 7+ years!!  GoDaddy is a great choice for most, but didn't work out well for me. I'm now with Shopify which has been wonderful to work with, and they have GREAT support as does GoDaddy. 

Message 6 of 23

Thank you for responding. I'm so sorry that has happened to you and makes me want to cry thinking I might not ever get might site back. I have two contests going on and did LIVE (recorded) drawings for one of them, that I cannot redo. I sent out mailers with numbers on them to clients with the promise they could watch their numbers be drawn live to see how fair it was. How do I replace that??!! I cannot believe I have to rebuild my entire site! I am freaking out. I know you know how I feel! I was told my call would be escalated and I either way I would get a call back in 15 minutes. I wanted to believe her, but didn't really. After reading your story I believe I am SOL! UGH!!!

Message 7 of 23

Square has been good to work as a payment processor, but it's too bad they bought Weebly and ruin that business!! Good luck moving forward, in the long run I think you will be much happier that you are not using Weebly.  

Message 8 of 23

Someone messaged me privately to tell me my site is up and my account looks normal. They did not identify themselves as working for Square/Weebly, but must if they can see my account suddenly looks normal. I had to go to a different browser to see that the site is up, but it still shows as not secure - and will obviously be blocked for some people. No one wants to go to sites that are not secure. No message or call back from Squareup, but the site is there and I do have access again in my account. The website editor is back. I "verified" my information for payment purposes, even though I do not need any payment processing on my site. I suppose this helped. So dumb.

KP27_2-1656794217847.png

Message 9 of 23

Looks like I can post now! 😊 Hi @KP27 I was the one that messaged you, and yes I am a moderator for the Seller Community. I apologize if that was not obvious. I thought that information showed up on the avatar picture. 

Your site is loading securely now. I'm not sure what the issue was, but sometimes the SSL takes a bit to fully register. Again, my apologies for any confusion. 

@johnscarne You cannot access your Weebly site because the account was closed due to a violation of terms of service. You can find more information about the terms of service here

Message 10 of 23

I finally found my site, look under "switch sites". There were several listed under my account I had to scroll down to find my active site. 

Message 11 of 23

I don’t see anything that states switching sites.  Where is that? My original website was with weebly.  I received an email stating because I have a domain I now have to pay an additional fee.  Which is just wrong.  

How do I get into my website?  If I can’t change my website over, can I just take my domain and go somewhere else?

Eyecatchingart
Message 12 of 23

Hi @EyecatchingArt I'll send you a followup private message.

Message 13 of 23

I too just had this happen.  My fully established business site has been running on Weebly since 2015.  And, today it appears suddenly non-existent.  I've just reached out via email to Square Support.  Ironically, I just paid for my site, and hosting this month, as well.  Not happy...

Message 14 of 23

DBOUSE, I hope you have better luck than I did, I'm not waiting for a reply from Weebly anymore since it's now year since they said they would get back to me in 48-72 hours 🙂 I started over with GoDaddy and then switch to Shopify and I'm very happy with their website and CUSTOMER SERVICE!! GoDaddy & Shopify are great to chat with and you get someone right away on the phone which is nice. Something is up with Weebly, their last post on Instagram and Facebook was in April of 2022. I think Square will be selling off Weebly soon if they haven't already. Square has been great for me...Weebly was also until Square bought them....go figure?

Message 15 of 23

I am sorry to hear about your experience @johnscarne. Weebly has now become Square Online and it is a product we plan to keep for many years to come. I wish you much success and do let us know if there is anything we can do to assist. 

JJ
Message 16 of 23

Thank you, but it's 12 months toooo late I'm afraid. My website that I paid Weebly for over 7 years was taken down with no warning or explanation (still waiting on the later, but not holding my breath). All my pages gone, no way to recover. I had to start over from scratch. On a scale of 1-10 Weebly is a minus -11 in my book. I do appreciate you at least showing others that maybe there is hope for Weebly, but online your ratings has nose-dived I'm sorry to say. 

Message 17 of 23

I value your feedback and will share your experience with our team. There is definitely plenty of room for improvement from your experience. Thank YOU for coming here and sharing it @johnscarne 

JJ
Message 18 of 23

Hello @dbouse and, welcome to the Seller Community

I would love to take a closer look at this situation. When you have a moment can you please share a link to your website?

JJ
Message 19 of 23

It won't even let me look at my Weebly account, just brings me to square space every time. Just want to update the website I made at Weebly. And every other email I have doesn't have an account with either, only this email. So frustrating on website navigation from a website creator website. 

Message 20 of 23

ok I am not the only one. Plus, it is telling me may website subscription is not active, yet I paid through my apple subscriptions. I think I will just dump this and move on

Message 21 of 23