x

Sales report on Square Register does not include other devices

I have to reset the sales report from Square Register each time I print. This has just started. The Register only reports the sales processed through it. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@sdlady Have you updated your report settings from the Reports section of your Register to make sure that the report isn't set to 'This Device Only'? 

If you have, these general troubleshooting tips should help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: customize report not set to what I want.

I have 2 terminals (1 square register and 1 ipad), I use both terminals to enter the restaurant orders.

After closing every night I print out Sale report from square register.

A couple day ago the register started setting Sale report to "this device only" , that makes the total sale of the day incorrect. It needs to include sale from both terminals.

I unchecked "this device only" and hit "apply" , it show total sale from both terminals.

But when i leave "report" page to take order and then come back to check on sale report, It sets itself back to " this device only". I repeat the process many times and it keeps check on "this device only" . My ipad has no problem though.

I can't figure out what wrong ??

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@Vmeevmee Hmm that's odd, another seller mentioned the same issue in this thread. @sdlady Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Could you both try these Register troubleshooting steps and let me know if they help? If you're not sure about any troubleshooting please don't hesitate to call our team and they can walk you through it.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 5

We too have this "feature" now.  Just caught it this morning when trying to provide sales report for our accountant.  I will try to reset to All Devices and see if it remains persistent that way.

Message 5 of 5