x

Square Account & Settings: Pricing Info, Tax Forms & More!

I just got an email from this sender: Robert.Wilson4@sodexo.com...it says aomething about going onto Squares Dashboard to update info in my account for IRS purposes....including SSN. I have heard stuff like this being a scam in the past. Eeverything blinks red as in "this might be a scam..." and needless to say, I did NOT click the link to find out. Is anyone aware of an email like this rotating around? How do I know if there is info missing on my account and I need to update info for tax purposes? I had ONE transaction for less than $150 last year, I am new to square, so any help is appreciated.

Ella

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

yes, it is a phishing attempt, I personally get 1 to 2 a week, and even emails for service I don't use to update my information.  you were wise to not click the links or enter information.

you can forward the email to spoof@squareup.com

anytime you think an email might be real you can go to your Square dashboard and any real notifications will be there also.  http://squareup.com/dashboard

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for the info. I thought it looked suspicous. I will pass on the email to spoof. 

Message 3 of 3