x

Square Appointments: I can't add the 'Book' button to my Instragram business account

Hi I tried every possible way to make the book button on my Instagram business account and I can’t. 

Message 1 of 203
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again, @MtLaurel 👋 This should be under "Appointments for Square", as shown in the screenshot below

Screenshot 2023-12-19 12.50.23 PM.png

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 182 of 203

Best Answer

Hi @utpmiami - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I suggest starting out with these troubleshooting steps:

When you’ve synced Square Appointments with Meta for Business, you may receive an Admin Permission Required message. This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes.

For a staff/team member trying to connect, they will need to enable the permissions set via Facebook Business Manager. To do so, go to Account & Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services.

• For Add-on Businesses, access Facebook Support — this will provide an email and chat option.
  • For Admin Permissions issue, select the Selecting and connecting assets topic.

To get admin access granted to add a Book Now Button, visit the Meta Business Help Center, particularly this help article: Add People to a Business Account and Add a Business Asset.

If this doesn't improve things,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 185 of 203
202 REPLIES 202
Square

Hi @Clairelara, welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding a book now button. Did the problem start after you updated the app? We would suggest contacting Instagram for support as well, and let us know how you go.

Message 169 of 203
Beta Member

Hi! This integration is not working. I’ve tried so many times to add square appointments to my IG and FB with the book now button and I get the same error every time. So super annoying and frustrating. 

PLEASE HELP!

Message 170 of 203

Hi @iQuilt4U - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

This sounds very frustrating.

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account and integrations details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 171 of 203

This is still not working for my business account. I followed all the steps and it just kicks me out.

Message 172 of 203

With so many people asking, 

i thought I would share here : 

so after : 

adding appointment for square app

refreshing that app, refreshing insta app, still nothing 

so, went back to appointement by square app, and figured that I had to assign a role  to the services I was trying to add since I had option for team members… and that worked ! 
- choose service

-at the bottom : add Online Booking

-choose bookable by customers online

-then go into that box, and select “team member” your name should be there if its ur insta or if you only added one person, and select ur name (or other team members name) 

I have the pics but I dont have access to upload pica here

hope this helps ! 

Message 173 of 203

Hello, I am attempting to click the link "These exact instruction" but its taking me the the general help page instead of instructions. 

Message 174 of 203

Hey @OshunHW,

Take a look at this guide and let us know how you go! 

Message 175 of 203

Hello I tried the latest instruction from square and followed to the t. But still got an error message. Any further advice. 

instruction 

IMG_2874.png

IMG_2875.png

Message 176 of 203

Hi @Laclassride - I'm sorry to hear that this issue has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I suggest that you get in touch with the Square Appointments Support Team for further assistance. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 177 of 203

I read somewhere ir is an IOS bug amd someone was able to make it work on a samsung device. Will try that today. So annoying 😞

Message 178 of 203

Mine's not working- what do you mean by qualify? I have a business account.

Message 179 of 203

Hey @Laclassride,

I want to welcome you to the Community.

We recommend you check out this Best Answer from Violet.

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Message 180 of 203

What is Squareup booking called?  it is not listed as an option.  There are many others but Squareup does not show as an option.

Message 181 of 203

Best Answer

Hi again, @MtLaurel 👋 This should be under "Appointments for Square", as shown in the screenshot below

Screenshot 2023-12-19 12.50.23 PM.png

Violet
Message 182 of 203

First the Afterpay issue and now this. I’m so exhausted. I followed all the proper steps to connect square appointments to my instagram business account for book now button. I dokt have the option to attache the screen shot as to what I receive at the end. I’m able to log into square dashboard and choose the location once I try to link it to my instagram account it says something went wrong. I’ve looked up other forums and all the directions and still for weeks the same issue. 

Message 183 of 203

here’s the screen shot for reference

IMG_4166.png

Message 184 of 203

Best Answer

Hi @utpmiami - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I suggest starting out with these troubleshooting steps:

When you’ve synced Square Appointments with Meta for Business, you may receive an Admin Permission Required message. This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes.

For a staff/team member trying to connect, they will need to enable the permissions set via Facebook Business Manager. To do so, go to Account & Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services.

• For Add-on Businesses, access Facebook Support — this will provide an email and chat option.
  • For Admin Permissions issue, select the Selecting and connecting assets topic.

To get admin access granted to add a Book Now Button, visit the Meta Business Help Center, particularly this help article: Add People to a Business Account and Add a Business Asset.

If this doesn't improve things,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Message 185 of 203

It gets me as far as the loading circle but then keeps me in limbo ... tells me something went wrong then kicks me out . Also how my accounts can you link the square to as far as having multiple book buttons ? 

Message 186 of 203

Everything is up to date

I made sure to complete the bussiness page setup completely

did the whole square set up

added the link to my insta bio

STILL WONT LET ME ADD THE BOOK BUTTON

keeps going into limbo of saying it was not successful 

Message 187 of 203

I followed all the stepsfor instagram

made sure i have all the functions set up properly 

for the past 2 days it keep saying that the book button connection was unsuccessful 

Message 188 of 203

I'm having the same issue. Did you find the solution? 

Message 189 of 203