x

Square Appointments: I can't add the 'Book' button to my Instragram business account

Hi I tried every possible way to make the book button on my Instagram business account and I can’t. 

Message 1 of 203
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again, @MtLaurel 👋 This should be under "Appointments for Square", as shown in the screenshot below

Screenshot 2023-12-19 12.50.23 PM.png

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 182 of 203

Best Answer

Hi @utpmiami - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I suggest starting out with these troubleshooting steps:

When you’ve synced Square Appointments with Meta for Business, you may receive an Admin Permission Required message. This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes.

For a staff/team member trying to connect, they will need to enable the permissions set via Facebook Business Manager. To do so, go to Account & Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services.

• For Add-on Businesses, access Facebook Support — this will provide an email and chat option.
  • For Admin Permissions issue, select the Selecting and connecting assets topic.

To get admin access granted to add a Book Now Button, visit the Meta Business Help Center, particularly this help article: Add People to a Business Account and Add a Business Asset.

If this doesn't improve things,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 185 of 203
202 REPLIES 202

No error messages but when I go on Instagram to put contact options then where it says add an action button the square app doesn’t show up on their request. 

Message 43 of 203

I am having the same problem, and I found this error. Can you help?coming soon.png

Message 44 of 203

Hi @Vanessal123,

Is your Instagram a business account or regular account? 

Ashley C
Message 45 of 203

Hey @chandlertarot and welcome to the Community.

Also ATTN: @FANDFREIKI

I reached out to our Appointments engineering and they confirmed that this is a known issue.

They're currently working on a new integration to link Instagram with Appointments so thanks for hanging tight while they work on this. They're looking to complete this within the next month. I'll be sure to update the thread once I know more for sure. 

Ashley C
Message 46 of 203

Any updates on getting Square to be a choice in the action button for Instagram? I would really like this to be an easier option for people to book. 

Message 47 of 203

Is the issue with integrating Square Appointments to Instagram resolved? I've tried several times to set up mine but Square doesn't show up on the list of businesses under "Add an Action Button". 

Message 48 of 203

Has there been any news on the integration of square appointments to Instagram???? This will be my clients main booking tool and I cant see the Square option yet? @ashc 

Message 49 of 203

Is there an approximation as to when this feature will be available again?

Message 50 of 203

Hey @JackieGalvin and @msalazar1,

We'll be sure to update the thread whenever we hear from engineering.

Thanks for your patience. 

Ashley C
Message 51 of 203

After all of the steps are taken to connect my booking button, this is the screen that I see which stays there for hours or until I close and reopen the app. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've had the booking button before and it has magically disappeared.

1A7EA108-C61A-4E05-9D3B-A9CE2B8F3FE1.png

Message 52 of 203

Thank you!

Message 53 of 203

Hey! I’ve been using the book button on instagram for several months and now it’s gone. Is it coming back? Also I noticed a few spam emails about fake refund requests. Is this why the button has been removed?

Message 54 of 203

It’s a business account 

Message 55 of 203

How can I get my online button to work on Instagram? Square appointments is not one of the options to select so my clients can book on my Instagram page?

Tags (1)
Message 56 of 203

Welcome @Sassy_minks,

Great idea to set up bookings through your Instagram account. First, you will want to make sure that you have your Instagram business profile setup, here is the Instagram help page on setting up the professional profile. Then you will need to integrate Instagram and Square Appointments by performing the following steps, as according to Square:

Activate Booking with Instagram

If you meet the below criteria you will already be able to see the Book button on Instagram:

• Have linked your Instagram account to their Square Appointments online booking site.
  • Have added your Square Appointments online booking site URL to their Instagram business profile.

In case you don’t meet the above criteria, you will need a business profile on Instagram and have your Square Appointments online booking site turned on.

To start receiving bookings through Instagram:

1. Go to your business profile on Instagram and tap Edit Profile.
  2. Click Business Information, then Contact Options.
  3. Tap Add an Action Button and select Appointments by Square.
  4. Add your Square Appointments online booking site URL.
Message 57 of 203
Admin

Hello @Sassy_minks! Happy to have you here in the Seller Community. 😀

While @mattd is correct, one thing to note is that we're experiencing some issues with the Appointments/Instagram integration. If you have trouble connecting the two, that's why. Our team is aware and working on a fix, so when that's released we'll make sure to update you and others on this thread.

Thanks!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 58 of 203

Thanks! Just following along, because I’m still having the same issue. Although I notice now that you can add a Gift Card button for Square, so hopefully that means the scheduling button problem is almost fixed. 

Message 59 of 203

I log in to my square account through Instagram but in the end it says I need admin permission. Where do I give myself permission at?

Message 60 of 203

Hey @Goldrushray and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered about linking Instagram for booking.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Any further issues will need to be directed to Instagram directly since it's a third party integration. 

Ashley C
Message 61 of 203

My instagram @reikibyrio used to have a successfully linked square appointment booking button, but as soon as I started the process to link my shop as well, the Book button no longer links with square. After logging in through the "Appointments for Square", I select my account, Ad account, pixel, etc & then proceed, it says, " Can't connect to appointments for square" "Something went wrong while connecting appointments for square to Instagram.

Please help as I was so excited for my launch but now have to deal with this.

I have both services for booking as well as items to sell on my shop on Square. Thank you.

Message 62 of 203

Hey @artonawt and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where I provided the exact instructions on how to link it and what needs to be done for it.

If it's time sensitive and still not working, I highly recommend reaching out to our direct Appointments team in the future to have a look right away since other sellers in the Community may not respond right away and that's what the Community is intended for.

Ashley C
Message 63 of 203