x
Beta Member

Square Automation

Hi everyone,

I am building an integration with Square and would appreciate some feedback.

In a nutshell, the app listens to Square transactions and will automatically send out Google review invitations via email and SMS, as soon as a customer pays an invoice.

It takes a few clicks to turn on the integration. Below is how it works.

square-reviews

My questions :

#1 How are you collecting Google reviews today and if something like this would be helpful ?

#2 Currently, the app triggers Google invitations based on invoice payment event. Are there other events that you think the app should listen to ? (ie. appointment confirmed, ...)

Details of the integration here if you'd like to learn more : https://amazely.co/square.html

Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Subscribing to this one.  

I never really cared for any other review on other platforms other than Google.  I currently collect google reviews from the customer by giving them a mirror hanger with information pertaining to the service done on their vehicle.  On the bottom , I have a simplified QR code that would bring them directly to leave a review.  It's a coin flip, as I don't follow up and want to "pester' for a review. 

I mainly only use invoices, so it would work perfectly for me.  My question however, is can you set a time trigger lets say for maybe xx hours after an invoice is paid?  

Thanks

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hey Dan, 

Thanks for sharing. That is a creative way to get reviews without over asking customers. Be interesting to understand the response rate if you happen to know.

As with Review Circle, the system sends one automatic follow-up for each review invitation. We figure this is a good balance to help increase response rate without bothering customers too much.

Regarding the time trigger, currently the system sends out an invite 10 minutes after an invoice paid. Do you think it's more effective to wait for xx hours ? Can get my team to add a time configuration if this is important for some businesses.

Thanks,

Tam.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@tam-rvc wrote:

Hey Dan, 

Thanks for sharing. That is a creative way to get reviews without over asking customers. Be interesting to understand the response rate if you happen to know.

As with Review Circle, the system sends one automatic follow-up for each review invitation. We figure this is a good balance to help increase response rate without bothering customers too much.

Regarding the time trigger, currently the system sends out an invite 10 minutes after an invoice paid. Do you think it's more effective to wait for xx hours ? Can get my team to add a time configuration if this is important for some businesses.

Thanks,

Tam.

The response rate used to be pretty decent, but as of lately it has gone down.  I chose this route last year since I'm a one man show it made it easier to allow people to leave a review without being pushy for one, while giving them follow up information on their service.  

With that being said, I was about to stock up on more marketing material the other day, but decided to hold off.  With the lack of reviews I was reclining  lately from these, I can simply upload the back of side of the hanger to the Square Invoice, saving me some money.

Oh 10 minutes seems like a decent time, I wasn't sure if it was triggered automatically and sent as soon as they pay their invoice.  

I will be giving this a try though this week!

Thank you .

Edit @tam-rvc   So I just got to thinking, If even a setting for 24 hours after the invoice has been paid would be good, for my benefit. I'm not sure about others.  

In my scenario, I send an invoice to the customer that night I'm done doing the work on their vehicle.  They are then able to pick up that day following.  Some customers, pay once they receive this invoice.  So it would look really silly on my part to ask for a review in this situation if they haven't even had a chance to see the completed work.  That's just my scenario though. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

@Minion I got your point regarding the 24 hours period. I'll get the team to add a time configuration in the UI. When you get the chance, please drop a note in our Intercom with the feature request, that way, team can notify you once the configuration is available. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5