x

Square Cardreader broke off plug in Samsung tablet. Cannot remove or repair!

Help Please.... card reader broke off and plug is embedded in Samsung tablet...cannot be removed or repaired (in shop now)

Anyone have any suggestions other than Square's reply to manually enter every transaction (at extra expense of course!)

thanks for any info!

ps...never borrow child's tablet  😞

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

If you have another Tablet or Phone to use just quickly buy a new reader at Best Buy or one of the many places that sell them, download the Square App on your new device and off you go!

Message 2 of 8

Thanks Ron, I did that, but the embedded plug from the cheap cardreader has ruined my special daughter's tablet now 😞

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

@j7morrs3, oh no! So sorry that happened - super annoying. 

@Ron is totally right - you can pick up a reader, download the app on another phone or tablet and log in with your existing email and password. That way you can get back to swiping payments! 

Message 4 of 8

Thank you, I did that, but the embedded plug from the cheap cardreader has ruined my special daughter's tablet now 😞

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@j7morrs3 Sorry to hear about the tablet. Unfortunately there's not much we can help or troubleshoot with when it comes to this specific issue. 

You'll want to contact the device manufacturer directly for help removing the stem of the reader. 

Message 6 of 8

I have the same problem.  Which device manufacturer should I contact--my IPad manufacturer (Apple) or the reader manufacturer?  I am unable to find any information about reader manufacturer on the original box which I kept it stored in.  

Message 7 of 8

I found a cell phone tech who was able to remove the broken plug from the tablet. Up may have success that way.  Good luck!

Message 8 of 8