x

Square Register: How do I turn off Accessibility Talkback?

Accessibility talkback is almost impossible to turn off.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

@PVP Sorry for the frustration. From your Register go to Settings > select Accessibility and double or triple tap on the screen to disable Talkback.

If you're still having trouble call our CS team so we can investigate! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

You have to really click on the screen and scroll down. I literally just spent like 30 mins trying to get this **bleep** to move down on the item list. 

Message 3 of 7

What are we suppose to do if we cannot get the menu to scroll down to settings to turn this feature off? Ease of use with this feature is important to me. 

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Chrysferg, I'm sorry you are having issues turning off Accessibility Talkback. I do understand your concern, but I would like to get more information, so I can better assist. Why are you not able to access your settings on your register as outlined in our support article? Can you provide a video of what happens you try to access settings on your device? 

Message 5 of 7

Talkback mode turns on by itself - we keep turning it off and it turns itself back on - getting very frustrated.  

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sreasortlf - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Register has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for the Square Register listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7