x

Square Register crashes when managing items and modifiers.

For several weeks I've been having issues with items and modifies. When I select an item and then select the modifiers for that item, the check boxes will not stay. I eventually have to sign into the dashboard to make my selections, even then, the iPads may or may not update. Now, when I try to make the selections from the Register app it crashes when I tap on save. I have 4 iPads in my business, and all 4 do the exact same thing. Anyone else having any of these issues?

On a side note, I hate the new items setup. Bring back the old.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

That's no good! Once you make those adjustments within your Square Dashboard, your account should automatically sync across all devices.  One thing you can do is sign out and then back into your devices, this will reset your connection and should force any updates to sync.

As for the inability to add modifiers in app, this sounds like it may be a glitch in your Square Register App. Here are some tips that might help:

1. Make sure that both your mobile device and the Square application are up to date.
  2. Log out of and back in to the application.
  3. Turn your mobile device off and on.
  4. Force quit the app on your device.
  5. Delete and reinstall the application. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.
Message 2 of 3

All is working great now. I basically waited for the new updates to how square handles items and modifiers to begin working properly, and all eventually came back into order on its own.

Message 3 of 3