x

Square reader

I have the first generation square contactless reader and since I got a new phone my reader all of sudden stopped connecting. I’ve done everything, forgetting the device, restarting and resetting the reader. Now it stopped connecting through my iPad square account as well. I swear I’ve done everything I could possibly do to get it to stay connected. It’ll connect to my account for a min, just enough to check out my one client. It’s charging on my charging port and each time I try and press the square reader button it’ll flash green saying it’s connected, but when I try and check out my client it says it isn’t connected. So I have to go to my Bluetooth setting, click forget my device, and reconnect in my square setting. It’s a hassle for me to constantly having to disconnect and to reconnect to each and every checkout. Do I need a newer generation reader? Like I’ve mentioned before Ive done everything that square website told me to do when it comes to reconnecting my reader and still no luck. Please help 🙏🏻

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@Lashesbypie ;

Since you mentioned 2 Devices the Ipad and a New Phone.  The Reader can only be paired to ONE device at a time.  So which ever device you use to charge customers with I wouldset that one up after, Uninstaling, forgetting the reader on BOTH your New Cell and Ipad.  Once you do that then go through Square to add the Reader back to charge customers.  I am still using the 1st Gen readers from 2019 and even a few from before that from the previos owner of the store I purchased, so I do not think you need a newer generation reader, but make sure your on the most up to date Square POS your using and the Device is also up to date with its current version.

I did have a reader connected to my cell, and when I brought my cell close to my POS the reader would sometimes act weird and I would have to go through the Disconnect, reconnect trouble shooting.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2