x

Text reminders are not being sent

On the Settings > Communications > Confirmations and Reminders tab i have turned on the "Send my customers a text reminder" and set it to 1 day prior to appointment. None of these reminders are being sent. What am I doing wrong? How can i troubleshoot this?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Yes!! Same!! So frustrating and I will live to a different application if they don’t fix it and start charging for it!

Message 22 of 39

They want money, it's part of square plus now, but they're too chicken to say it

Message 23 of 39

I spoke with tech support on 4/16/2021 and was informed there was a known problem with Square sending text appointment reminders, the problem began on Tue  4/13/2021, and that the "engineers were working on it". The rep checked my settings and said all were fine and the problem was solely because of an issue on Sqaure's end.

I was told the expected date to have this fixed was Monday 4/19/2021.

Message 24 of 39

It's Monday 4/19/2021, around 5PM PDT in USA and this does not appear to be fixed. Can someone from Square please update us?

Message 25 of 39
Beta Member

The title of this post has been edited from the original: appointment text reminders not sending to some customers

I have the automatic texts go out that ask customers to confirm their appointment set up. I've noticed that a couple of my customers don't get the texts. When i go to my calendar and click on the appointment, it says "confirmation not sent". I've double checked to make sure the that "appointment reminders" are enabled in the customer information and I've double checked that the phone number is correct. I'm not sure what else to check since the reminders work for most of my customers and only a few of the customers aren't getting the reminders.

Message 26 of 39
Alumni

One of the major cell phone providers experienced a nationwide outage that started on Monday - this affected both text messages and phone calls. Although the outage was resolved today, it sounds like this may be related, @schaefera. If this is a new issue, and you haven't run into any trouble with notifications reaching your clients in the past, this is more than likely the root cause.

If you're running into this issue with specific clients who were not affected by the outage, you may want to reach out to our Support team - especially if this issue didn't begin this week.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 39
Beta Member

Thank you! I do know that at least one of my customers hasn't been getting her reminders since September. It wasn't a big concern because she was the only one that I knew of and she comes every 2 weeks at the same time so she didn't necessarily need the reminder. But I noticed this week I had another customer who didn't get the reminder text. I will do some testing with her and see if it could have been related to the outage.

Message 28 of 39
Alumni

It's possible that the customer who hasn't been receiving notifications since September may have opted out of notifications accidentally. This article should help if that may have happened!

If you're still having trouble after testing with your customers, definitely reach out directly so our Support team can take a closer look and do some digging with you, @schaefera.

Valentina
Message 29 of 39
Alumni

Oh no @BryanB!

Sorry to see that trouble has brought you to the Seller Community. I've moved your post to this thread where some other folks had similar questions about their Square Appointment text reminders. @Tom's Best Answer here should take care of you - please be sure to get in touch directly using the link provided, if needed. The team will be available by phone tomorrow, if you prefer that form of contact over email - a phone call also tends to be quicker!

Valentina
Message 30 of 39

I spoke with tech support on 4/16/2021 and was informed there was a known problem with Square sending text appointment reminders, the problem began on Tue  4/13/2021, and that the "engineers were working on it". The rep checked my settings and said all were fine and the problem was solely because of an issue on Sqaure's end.

I was told the expected date to have this fixed was Monday 4/19/2021.

Message 31 of 39
Alumni

Our teams are still actively working on this, @BryanB.

Apologies if you were given a hard date for a resolution, as our teams often need additional time when looking into issues, coming up with solutions, and testing/implementing those solutions. Our Appointments team can keep you in the loop about the progress if you give us a call or send an email our way, if you haven't already done so.

Valentina
Message 32 of 39

Today is Mon 4/26/2021 and this is still not working. Per tech support this problem began on 4/13/2021 so it has not been working for 2 weeks. Can someone from Square please give us an update as to when this will be fixed? Our business is evaluating Square vs competing products and if this problem isn't fixed in a few days then we will have no choice but to select a competing product that works. Thank you.

Message 33 of 39

HI I have setup Square Appointments but before I leave my current booking app I wanted to do some tests with square appointments and the one thing it wont do is send a reminder before appointment.  I have gone through the settings numerous times and all look as they should be.

Is there something I am missing 

Message 34 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post to an existing thread where other sellers experienced a similar issue. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 35 of 39

I read this thread before I made my own and I still can't get it to work so I will just stick with my current booking system that works. Thanks for the reply 😊 

Message 36 of 39

I’m having a SLIGHTLY different issue. I allow a few spaces a day for day of clients and when they book day of and I put in their appointment it’s sending them the message with the wrong time. I booked a 3:00 and my client received a message saying the appointment was at 12. 

Message 37 of 39

Hey guys n gals, they want money, it's now part of "Square plus" to send those confirmation texts but they're too chicken to say "give us money" out right. 

Message 38 of 39

I'd be very interested to see how much revenue they've lost in the last few months since they implemented this

Message 39 of 39