x
Beta Member

Time Zone changed in Dashboard app

I recently went out of town into another time zone, and the Dashboard app in my phone changed along with the time zone I was in.  It has not changed back since I returned.  I have changed the setting on my Square for Retail dashboard on desktop, but the phone app still hasn't changed back.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

The only other thing I can suggest is the nuclear option. Delete the phone app and download it again, if you haven’t done that. After that, it sounds like Square Support.  (855) 700-6000

good luck,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@specialtiesgame Maybe the time zone for your location is wrong?  Go here https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations/

Select the location you want to check, then scroll down.  You’ll see a setting for time zone.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I have tried that and it had no effect, but thanks for the suggestion.  The problem is the phone app dashboard.  The phone time has reset correctly, the app has not.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

The only other thing I can suggest is the nuclear option. Delete the phone app and download it again, if you haven’t done that. After that, it sounds like Square Support.  (855) 700-6000

good luck,

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

The nuclear option is what it took.  Thanks for the help! 

Message 5 of 6

As easy as Square is in some aspects, it is frustrating in others.

I have a similar issue where I have a physical location on the West Coast and am traveling to Aruba this week. My sales reports are showing up in Aruba time, and splitting the sales across days for transactions that happen at the end of the west coast day. 

It’s insanity that the reporting of a physical location changes based on where the user is logged in from. I’m simply trying to keep up with reporting and analysis but makes it unnecessarily difficult. 

I’ve seen this issue raised from 5 years ago but Square hasn’t addressed it. I’m obviously not the only business owner who faces this. Insanity I tell ya!

Message 6 of 6