x

Too many errors between finalizing a ticket on the app and having it charged at the terminal.

I write an itemized ticket in the room (with my patient) with the square app on my phone which is on the same wifi network as my Square Terminal. My staff charges the patient out front at the cash register about 15 minutes later. The problem is that sometimes the Square terminal will load the previous patient's total instead of the total that I just wrote up on the ticket. The ticket is correct in my room when I write it, but it instead cashes out with the previous patient's total at the terminal. Then every patient name/total is offset where every single patient after that is charged the prior patient's total rather than what I entered on the app. This happens about once/week. Does this happen to anyone else? What is the fix?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @chnason - Thanks for posting.

Has your staff tried going to a brand new checkout screen after completing a transaction? Just to try and get from a fresh starting point. It sounds like the Terminal just isn't quite catching up to what you're entering from your POS app. I wonder if they get to the main checkout screen after processing a payment, making sure the screen is cleared, and then going back to it once you've entered a new customer ticket- if that will help.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2