x

Tracking who open and closes the drawer

In the cash drawer history, I see employee names. Are these the people who open and/or closed the drawer?

Also, one of the employees does not have access to close the cash drawer out. Only the ower's code can do that and I do see his name on the drawer history report. So, why did the employee who does not have access have his name on the cash drawer report along with the owner's name. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question, and apologies for the confusion! To begin, you're correct. In order to manage the cash drawer, this permission would need to be enabled through Team Management. The names listed in the Cash Drawer report reflects those employees who have taken a payment during that cash drawer session (not who opened or closed it). 

I've already gone ahead and filed an improvement request with our product liaison team. Hopefully they'll be able to update this in the future so it's more clear. Thanks so much for calling this out! 🙏

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Best Answer

Great question, and apologies for the confusion! To begin, you're correct. In order to manage the cash drawer, this permission would need to be enabled through Team Management. The names listed in the Cash Drawer report reflects those employees who have taken a payment during that cash drawer session (not who opened or closed it). 

I've already gone ahead and filed an improvement request with our product liaison team. Hopefully they'll be able to update this in the future so it's more clear. Thanks so much for calling this out! 🙏

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2