x

Troubleshooting Square Appointments app

I'm happy to see that square has owned up to the fact that the new appointments application is extremely sluggish and has lead to high frustration. Everytime a staff member signs in it goes through the process of reconnecting to the card reader every time and sometimes it won't reconnect and so we have to go through the pairing process again. That happens multiple times per day. We are removing the iPad from the register stand at least 2-3 times a day restarting it hoping that it will work properly. This can't continue! On a daily basis we have a backup of customers waiting to checkout because of these technical issues. I really hope that square will consider offering a significant discount on their new hardware for faithful customers like us that have been deeply affected over the last two months. First it was the register stand not charging the iPad and then it was the botched launch of this new appointments app. I'd prefer to go back to having the seperate appointments and register app that worked just fine the way it was.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @beardsandbeers - I've moved your post because it looks like you are experiencing a separate issue with a laggy Square appointments app. Sorry about this!

I'm going to look further into it, but can you share what device you're using the app on and what version it is? This can help us find some troubleshooting steps and hopefully resolve this issue. 

Message 2 of 4

@katieand we have an Apple iPad Air (MD788LL/B) running iOS verison 11.2 (15C114). Like I've said in previous notes the new appointments app since merging register and appointments is very sluggish! It regularly disconnects from the card reader and the sign in screen regularly displays vertically which requires staff to sign in sideways. If we tilt the iPad backwards and then back to level it usually goes back to horizontal but since it's in the register stand we should never have to do that. All of these problems were never happening before the new appointments application went online. We'd almost prefer to go back to the appointments system and register app being seperate.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

I'm sharing this feedback with our Appointments team and hope to have some troubleshooting. Thanks for your patience, @beardsandbeers, and sorry it's been so sluggish!

Message 4 of 4