x

What happened to Weebly?

We seem to have lost our website. It still exists somewhere because we get a 404 error. We can ping it and see it existing on Weebly. All support questions go to the Square neverland of no human contact. What happened??? our site was saltlakescandidance.org Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you would need to contact Square Support.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

HI, you would need to contact Square Support.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 7

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 7

I am very confused as well, came to edit my website today and I am unable to locate it within the system. Also, seems weebly no longer exists or something? Everything says square on it and is a totally different setup. A little frustrating to have no clue what's going on since I'm a paying customer.

Message 4 of 7

HI, Square obtained Weebly 2018, check your Spam folder for the email sent late 2020 advising of change to one.  

You can try contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday.

Contact Customer Support

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 7

I can't believe you are doing this.  I've been using weebly ever since you started back at least 15 or 20 years, and have spent that much time building and perfecting my website through Bluehost.  NOW you decide to just get rid of all your paying customers?   And, who came up with that as a company mission statement?  I know, lets just **bleep** off all of our long time paying dedicated customers and force them to go somewhere else.   And how did your "notice" get into my junk file?  Like I'm going to see it amongst the other 200 a day I get.  Why didn't you warn Bluehost?  They could have gotten something to me.

Is there any way to transfer my website to someone else, via a cut and paste?  Or have you decided to force me to go away without my website or any other alternatives?  Typical rich techies who have more money than brains.

Message 6 of 7

UPDATE: I was able to get Bluehost to get my Weebly account working.  They will have it available to existing customers for now, but they can't sell or upgrade Weebly in the future, as Weebly has stopped their customer service.  Bluehost will notify me when that changes. 

Apparently Square is getting rid of Weebly.  I suspect they ate Weebly just to integrate their software into Square.  It's a shame, Weebly was a great company. 

Message 7 of 7