x
Beta Member

Why are my salaried employees not included in my sales vs labor report? Only hourly staff included.

When I run the labor vs sales report, only my hourly staff labor costs appear on the graph.  My salaried staff labor cost information is not included. How can i view labor to include all persons paid?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @jasonbrumb, I've reached out to our Product Manager for Reporting for this issue. 

Currently you can have your salaried staff included in the Sales vs. Labor Report, but you need to have your salaried employees clock in and out on the Point of Sale.

In order to calculate cost per labor hour, we need to know how many paid folks were working which specific hours – and that information is recorded via the employee clocking in and out (since we’re not specifying “my salaried employee works M-F, 9-5” anywhere in the employee settings).

If you have any questions please let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Is there any update as to when this may be addressed? Reading 4 years worth of "we will work this out" responses from square is very frustrating. My salaried employees do not work the same amount of hours every week. With the "workaround" suggested by Chad, I would have to be editing their hourly rate every pay period.

Message 22 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Unbakery,

Thank you for writing in and letting us know this is still something you're hoping we improve. I understand your frustration not having an update on this feature available yet. We continue to advocate for the suggestions we're receiving in our community, and all highlight feature requests with our product teams. Unfortunately, we're not able to predict when a particular feature will be implemented, or give you a heads up on when to expect a new release, as we find out at the same time you do! If you'd like to find out more about how Feature Request in the Seller Community are implemented, take a look at this article

Message 23 of 32
Beta Member

Is there still nothing done with salaried employees reporting to the labor vs sales report? How could this possible not be a feature yet at this point? How is any employer supposed to be even remotely accurate data if their salaried employees are not included?

Message 24 of 32

Agree with all that this is an issue that needs to be resolved.  The labor v. sales reports "out of the box" are simply incorrect (for businesses with salaried employees) and possibly dangerously misleading to many business managers.  Asking a salaried employee to clock out when they are still working is going to make them a bit irritable, potentially creating HR issues over time.  Not an acceptable solution.  Square payroll has the salary info in the system, they just need to divide it out into 8 hour days and post it to the daily labor report.  A different color or footnote could be added to alert the viewer that the salaried employees' hours are imputed from the salary data held in the payroll record for the employee. Thus accountability for those numbers are on the business, not on Square.  

Message 25 of 32

I started using Square for Retail POS in 2022, I have been able to include salaried staff into the labor v sales report, however  salaried staff, aka me the manager, works over 40 hours per week.  The labor v sales report is calculating my salary into an hourly wage, including anything over 40 hours into the formula which adds about 1-2% points to my labor cost.  Is there a workaround for this?  

Message 26 of 32

Welcome to the Community, @thegreenmarket

Right now, this would be a feature request for the reporting. 

I would suggest dropping this on our Ideate Board, so our Product Team can take a look. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 32
Beta Member

In my labor vs sales report, salaried employees annual pay is multiplied by the hours worked. One employee, in the report, earns 1,000,000 per week. When the annual salary is 32k. 

Message 28 of 32

Hey there, @Rpdpc

Have you double checked the status on the employees to sure their salary information is reflected correctly on employee profile? 

If that information is correct, then I am going to suggest reaching out to our Payroll team directly. That type of discrepancy is disrupting your business information, so they can take a deeper look into your account & what's causing it. 

Use this phone number to get in touch with them: 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Kassi
Message 29 of 32
Beta Member

The employee settings in correct, salary with annual number. I believe the error stems from the hours carried in through the Homebase integration.

Message 30 of 32

Ah okay, @Rpdpc.

It gets a little tricky whenever it comes to issues with integrations. 

Since we cannot see into the other side of the integration, the first step is to reach out to Homebase to see if anything is going on with their side. Have you reached out to their support team at all? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 31 of 32
Beta Member

What is the status of this “feature”. It would seem to be fairly straight forward to fix.  Thanks 

Message 32 of 32