x

Why are the items I am adding to my Online Store not syncing correctly?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Why will my square store not sync correctly with weebly

We have been adding new items everyday, the square store is not syncing with weebly

Message 1 of 36
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

It's tough to know what may be happening here without taking a closer look at your account, @djennings516. However, based on what I've seen when working with other accounts, you may want to look at this setting:

1. Once you're editing your Online Store, you'll have some options in your left-hand sidebar menu. Go ahead and select Settings, then Square Sync.

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.26.58 PM.png                Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.27.14 PM.png

2. Scroll to the 3 setting options located at the bottom of this page: specifically, Mark newly imported items as “Unavailable” online. This option is enabled by default, and it will make all newly synced items unavailable in the online store.
    • When this is turned on, items that you add in Square will be imported to Weebly as unavailable, and will not be visible or purchasable online. You can mark items as visible individually after importing, or turn this off so that all newly synced items will be imported as visible.

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.27.37 PM.png

Let us know if this isn't what you were looking for!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Do I have to rebuild my entire square store item by item to sync with the Weebly platform.

I am not understanding the new weebly sync. It doesn’t appear that to be a seamless sync. Rather, that I have to rebuild my store from scratch. Is there something I’m misunderstanding?

Message 2 of 36
Alumni

Hey @kjart

This thread might help. Let me know if it doesn't so we can take a deeper look on our end!

And kudos on your first post 🥳

Justin
Message 3 of 36

My square store is inside of my Godaddy website I’ll be working with hem to figure it out. Thanks.

Message 4 of 36
Alumni

It sounds like you are currently using GoDaddy as your website provider, and Square as your payment processor on your GoDaddy website. Square offers the ability to build a free Online Store through Weebly, which is optional. Sellers can also choose to integrate with other apps, such as GoDaddy, as an alternative.

Because you are already using GoDaddy as your website provider, you wouldn't need a second Online Store. However, if you would like to build out a website using Weebly instead of GoDaddy, we can definitely help with that @kjart

Valentina
Message 5 of 36

I’ll reach out. 

Message 6 of 36
Square Community Moderator

We look forward to hearing from you, @kjart!

Joe
Message 7 of 36

I’m ready to get started with using weebly instead of godaddy what’s the first step?

Message 8 of 36
Alumni

Hey @kjart

Check out this article to power up your Weebly Store.

And there's no need to rebuild your Item Library from scratch - Square gives the ability to sync your existing items to your Store. Here's a set up guide with more info. 

Justin
Message 9 of 36

When I go to the set up guide there’s no option to sync it asking me to put in items. And I can’t seem to get a human being to guide me through it.

Message 10 of 36

Hi there, @kjart - so sorry for the trouble. If you would rather speak to us via phone, we have a full Support Team standing by who can assist. 

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Joe
Message 11 of 36
Alumni

Best Answer

It's tough to know what may be happening here without taking a closer look at your account, @djennings516. However, based on what I've seen when working with other accounts, you may want to look at this setting:

1. Once you're editing your Online Store, you'll have some options in your left-hand sidebar menu. Go ahead and select Settings, then Square Sync.

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.26.58 PM.png                Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.27.14 PM.png

2. Scroll to the 3 setting options located at the bottom of this page: specifically, Mark newly imported items as “Unavailable” online. This option is enabled by default, and it will make all newly synced items unavailable in the online store.
    • When this is turned on, items that you add in Square will be imported to Weebly as unavailable, and will not be visible or purchasable online. You can mark items as visible individually after importing, or turn this off so that all newly synced items will be imported as visible.

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.27.37 PM.png

Let us know if this isn't what you were looking for!

Valentina
Message 12 of 36

Could you please help me also, mine is not syncing either

Message 13 of 36
Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread where I answered your question about syncing - please let me know if you still need help after taking a peek at this tip, @djennings516 😊

Valentina
Message 14 of 36

i dont see square sync as an option under settings

Message 15 of 36

Hey @Thebatchmaker,

thanks for writing in and welcome to our community  🥳

The Square Sync option has moved to Items > Item Sync.

I hope this helps! 

Message 16 of 36

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Sanity check for toggle "Items" Category off/on

Hello - I thought I had originally viewed a toggle to hide the "Items" category that was placing all imported and automatically Visible product items that are not desired.

A search seems to conclude that I was incorrect, as others have requested this feature set.

I'm also not able to find the toggle to make the online store off/on.

Thanks

Message 17 of 36
Alumni

I moved your post to this thread, as it sounds like you're looking for the setting that allows you to Mark newly imported items as “Unavailable” online. This thread should explain how to find this setting when editing your webiste, but let us know if this isn't quite what you're looking for, @ChestnutDeli!

I'm also not able to find the toggle to make the online store off/on.

Are you asking about publishing and unpublishing your site? If so, this thread should get you to the right place in your settings.

Valentina
Message 18 of 36

So I chose this builder because it was supposed to be quick and easy to use.  I have had to stop and come back this the numerous times and the notion a community and no person to walk me through troubleshooting this has me at my wits ends.  Why can't my dasboard item library transfer over to my online store? And since I accidentally created multiple stores that I don't need; why can't I delete it?  This has been a disappointing and exhaustive experience! Can someone help me before I move onto another builder to create my site

Message 19 of 36

I don't have an answer, but I agree with you. I'm trying to update my store through the CSV file, but can't because I don't get the image links when I download the CSV from the items menu. I never have this issue with Shopify, which I use at my workplace. The CSV file from Square is basically useless when trying to use it anywhere else.

Message 20 of 36
Admin

Really sorry for the hassle @Keva and @Henryswoodturn. I'm hoping that this thread will help you both out when it comes to syncing your items. 

In regards to "deleting your Online Store" @Keva- take a look at JustinC's answer here.

Please let us know if either of you are still having trouble.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 21 of 36