x

Why can't I get my free reader from Square?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Free reader from Square]

I received an email promising me a free reader when I finish signing up for Square. Once here on the website it tells me that I would get a $10.00 credit making the reader free. However, that did NOT happen, it still is trying to charge me a $10.00 fee for the reader. This is why I haven't completed my sign up with Square; things just don't seem to be right here and I'm worried that I'll have problems with dealing with them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @SOLC

Thanks for writing in the Seller Community. Sorry this has been a frustrating process thus far. 

When you're logged into the new Square account, please try the following steps:

1. Click here
  2. Select Send me a reader. 
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4. Complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, please let me know by replying back in this thread. 

Message 2 of 6

Also trying to get the free card reader & when clicking on the link above and adding to my cart, its still asking me to pay the $10 when I thought it was free. Is there a discount code to add?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @shopquoin - so sorry for the trouble here. 

Is it possible that you have activated a Square Account with us in the past? All new users are given the chance to order a free Magstripe Reader during the activation process, but our system does recognize if someone has more than one account and has ordered a reader before. 

If not, please try ordering this way:

http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process

If that doesn't work, please let us know!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

This is still the case years later. Still trying to order the free magstripe but whenever i go to check out its still saying $10.70 and asks for card information

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Shamiel,

Thanks for joining the Community, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble ordering your free reader. 

When you tried to place an order for the free reader were you logged into your account?

Message 6 of 6