x

Why do i receive receipts from other business when customers of mine shop there?

I occasionally recieve reciepts from other business that my customers purchase items from....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

occasionally recieve reciepts from other business that my customers purchase items from...

Message 2 of 13
Super Seller

That would seem to imply that a customer's credit card information is linked to your email address. I don't know how that could happen unless you or the customer entered your email address on the receipt page after a transaction instead of their own. 

Message 3 of 13

How can I rectify this? I am the customer that is not recieving reciepts when I pay through squareup. They are going to a business I paid a few months back?

Message 4 of 13

Hi! I am having difficulty setting up my shop. Is there any number to speak with someone?? I am not sure what my code is ??? I think I ordered the hardware but since it hasnt arrived after aw week , I must have set up incorrectly. There seems to be no customer service feedback...is this correct???? Thanks ! Gemma 

Message 5 of 13
Square

@Gemma - You can check out this thread for more details on how to get a hold of us. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 13

Thanks. I set up my email, put in banking info. It wont let me do anything beyond that. Whemn I put my email in to contact it syas there is no account. 

I need the card reader by next week. It says it's been processing but doubtful it is coming. Cannot seem to be able to talk to  or email anyone directly. Very frustrated. 

Message 7 of 13
Square

@Gemma - Sorry you're having a hard time tracking down your customer code - this is supposed to be the easy part! I went ahead and emailed you these details. We look forward to chatting with you! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 13

Is there no tech support number? 

Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

My website is not loading either. I thought it was something with my phone but does not on my PC, I'm assuming it's a server issue with Weebly.

Message 10 of 13

I think you might be right. Hope they update us. I have some unhappy customers right now. 

Message 11 of 13
Super Seller

On the emailed receipt, there should be a spot to click "Not your receipt?" at the very bottom. Clicking that should disconnect that credit card and that email address. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4989-incorrect-receipts

Message 12 of 13
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for your help. It does sound like a merchant's email address was entered in place of a customers at the receipt screen. You definitely want to avoid doing this. 

If you're not able to click "Not My Receipt," you can always reach out directly and a supporter would be happy to help you manually make this adjustment. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 13