x
Beta Member

Why does my Square Register have issues reading a Chase Card?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square register issue with only Chase chip]

So this has been going on since July, and only with Chase cards. We have a a square register POS, majority of the time when customer insert their Chase Chip, it always ask them to reinsert because of chip read error. This is about 90% of the time! No other card does this, and when we switch to our other card reader, it reads fine. 

Customers would try multiple times and it still would not work until we switch to the phone chip reader. There would be some occasion customers get it to work but majority of the time no.

All updates, are updated on the register. No idea what’s happening, does anyone else experience this problem? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @Misomiso,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Seller Community. To make sure I'm understanding, are these Chase Cards the thicker cards made of metal? Also, how long have you had the Square Register? 

We have seen a few difficult occurrences with metal cards being used in the past, but haven't reported anything as of recent.

Please let me know by responding to this thread.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Alex, thanks for reply. It’s actually both, and we have had the Square register for almost 2 years and the Chase problem popped up around June, July 2019 and has been on going since. 

I will ask my team to keep record of what type of Chase cards but they mention the regular debit and credit cards. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@Misomiso

Sounds good. Once you have collected more information, we recommend contacting our Support Team. They can then get this escalated to the appropriate party. 

Feel free to reach them via email here: https://squ.re/contactemail, or by giving them a call at 1 (855) 700-6000 (Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST) - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here: http://squ.re/howtocontact. Reply in this thread if you need anything else. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4